Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Burning Muscles  (Read 98 times)

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Burning Muscles
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:13:26 AM »
Quite an unnerving symptom. It's also quite a new one for me. Only happened 1 or 2 times in the past few months. Trying to remain calm. Not letting it affect me. I know muscular pains of all descriptions are common with anxiety. But I find writing it all down is a nice means to distract myself and focus on another task. Plus it's somewhat theraputic talking about what's occuring whilst remaining neutral and indifferent to it. I know it can't hurt me any more than it is already. I just have to ride the wave and let it pass whilst keeping busy at work.

Screw you anxiety, you're not going to win this round.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burning Muscles
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:03:59 AM »
Hi Raggamuffin. I am suffering from involuntary muscle contractions. My anxiety plays a huge roll in this. I have been to a Neurologist, but I don't think they can help me. I am no longer taking anything for anxiety as I became addicted to the medication. I am not sure whats going to happen.

Muscle problems to occur with anxiety. Totally normal. Just control you anxiety and it will pass. My situation is different in that it is involuntary.

Like you said, you will beat your anxiety.

Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burning Muscles
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:26:24 AM »
I think Dr's can only help up to a point. most people with anxiety will go to ER - probably panic attack or chest pains. Dr's can do so much - tests, ecg, blood pressure, stress tests etc etc. After that they tend to say "it's anxiety" and recommend medication or therapy.

This happened to me on my first ER visit where I basically collapsed in the entrance due to a massive panic attack and was rushed into an emergency care ward for a suspected heart attack. From that very first day they said it was anxiety. But it took me a further 3 years before I understood it enough to actually finally agree. I could've saved so much time and upset if i had simply taken their diagnosis literally. But I couldn't understand how worry could make me hurt.

Drove home and my parents said I'd been given a clean bill of health. but my chest still hurt constantly and I wondered why. Muscle pains are very common. Past few days my shoulder and arm has been aching a lot.

I know you can't react emotionally to pains. Remain calm and get on with your day. But overall it does put a damper on things. Regardless of mindfulness and detatchment of emotion from pains - if you're in pain - you're not going to be that happy. You can eat as healthily as you want, exercise and meditate and follow hobbies. But it goes without saying - if you weren't in pain every hour of every day - you'd be vastly happier.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Tags: