Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: fear of permanent heart muscle damage from past alcohol abuse  (Read 101 times)

Offline NervousLuke

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I had a history of abusing alcohol which I'm now happy to say I have moved on from, but I was reading that alcohol can damage your heart muscle and cause sudden heart failure, which is something I have never heard of before. I am so scared that despite being clean, that the damage is already done and I'm going to have heart failure any day now and croak.  :( This is news to me because I knew it was bad for your liver, but not your heart. Should I start scheduling heart tests ASAP?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: fear of permanent heart muscle damage from past alcohol abuse
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:47:15 AM »
If you want peace of mind you could have a chat with your regular GP to begin with. Tell him of your fears. See what answers you get back. If he thinks you need testing he will make sure the tests are done. But try and keep calm for now. I never believe everything I read online. Well done for knocking the drink on the head. I know that is not easy at all. But you done that. It shows you have good strength.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: