Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: in need of help  (Read 97 times)

Offline polemistis24

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
in need of help
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:27:28 PM »
Hi, I'm new here but a little background on me is that I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember. And intrusive thoughts and a little few other habits that have led me to believe i have some form of OCD. I realize I need help. Last year I had started my first semester at nursing school and I failed miserably. I felt I wasn't good enough and that the weird things I've done in the past make me a tainted person who doesn't deserve to be happy. I couldn't focus on studying because I had no drive or motivation to be a part of life.

I've felt so alone for so long. My self-esteem was so bad but since high school it has increased a little. Not a lot, but enough for me to try to talk to new people and get myself out there. In high school, I was promiscuous and that gave me a temporary high. I didn't have to think and I felt good enough for someone and that made me feel good enough for myself. But that never lasted. Since then, I've changed completely. I have a sense of respect for myself in that regards. But now I'm feeling hopeless as what to do with school and how to get back into another nursing program to give it another shot. I feel like such a screw-up. I'm 21 and still living at home. I don't have a lot of money and my job is extremely hard on me physically. I'm a certified nursing assistant and some days I feel the life getting sucked out of me because I don't feel strong to begin with.

I don't know where to go from here or what I should do. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gtripoli

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: in need of help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
First of all, you are not alone. Many of us here experience some of the same thoughts and feelings.

Have you seen a mental health professional? If not, I think that would be your first step in getting the help you need. It sounds to me from your description that you might have more things going on than just OCD. So, a professional will be able to get the bottom of it and sort out your symptoms. You won't be able to get that kind of clarity here on these forums.

You have to know what you are up against, before you try fighting it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: