Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This canīt be just anxiety - slurring and stumbling on words all the time  (Read 521 times)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The mind is indeed a powerful tool, and you can (subconsciously of course) manifest disease symptoms!  A while back I was certain I had a certain type of cancer, and began to develop physical symptoms!  You are probably so eager to speak clearly that your anxiety levels go off the charts, causing you to stumble and stammer over your words (think of a nervous young actor in a school play, blowing his one simple line). As I told someone earlier, I've had twitching and swallowing issues for 17 years...I'm still alive and work full time, maintain a house, and am basically healthy for 49!  I would recommend an aantianxiety med, and you'll probably see a vast improvement.  Hugs and blessings to you :)
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sorry everyone. I am a logical person, and I have a hard time with emotion. Even at work, and in my relationship, I have to be told how to speak less matter-of-fact.

The reason I came on this site was in hopes that my years of research can help others in their fights against their own anxieties. Where I say it's best to get checked out, it really does help to get peace of mind. It may be hard to go to the doctor and ask them to test you, but when it's over, and you find that every test was normal, a weight will be lifted that cannot be lifted simply by research and support. I know that may sound cold, but peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

I often look at myself and notice that I see things that may have always been there, but I think they are surely a sign of my impending demise. Under days of higher anxiety, I sometimes have a hard time moving certain parts of my body. For me, they are my arms. For you, it may be facial movements.

Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sorry everyone. I am a logical person, and I have a hard time with emotion. Even at work, and in my relationship, I have to be told how to speak less matter-of-fact.

The reason I came on this site was in hopes that my years of research can help others in their fights against their own anxieties. Where I say it's best to get checked out, it really does help to get peace of mind. It may be hard to go to the doctor and ask them to test you, but when it's over, and you find that every test was normal, a weight will be lifted that cannot be lifted simply by research and support. I know that may sound cold, but peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

I often look at myself and notice that I see things that may have always been there, but I think they are surely a sign of my impending demise. Under days of higher anxiety, I sometimes have a hard time moving certain parts of my body. For me, they are my arms. For you, it may be facial movements.

I understand that understanding social cues and the ability to deliver a message without instilling panic doesn't come naturally to everyone.  Telling stories about how other suffered with a horrific and heart breaking illness is probably not good judgment in this arena.  I however agree about getting checked out.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: