Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Escitolapram  (Read 140 times)

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Escitolapram
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
I was prescribed 5mg of escitolapram (lexapro) I took it for two days then stopped I should be ok right an not have any side effects?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Escitolapram
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
I was prescribed 5mg of escitolapram (lexapro) I took it for two days then stopped I should be ok right an not have any side effects?

Yes, there won't be any withdrawal effects. Why did you stop?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:14:21 PM »
I got these bad headaches. I went to the psyc an he uped my dosage from .5mg 3x a day to 1mg 3x a day for clonzapam and 30mg of cymbalta but i don't like meds so I just want to take the clonzapam hope that works I read up on the size effects of cymbalta and it scared me
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »
I got these bad headaches. I went to the psyc an he uped my dosage from .5mg 3x a day to 1mg 3x a day for clonzapam and 30mg of cymbalta but i don't like meds so I just want to take the clonzapam hope that works I read up on the size effects of cymbalta and it scared me

Are you supposed to be on escitalopram (Lexapro) or duloxetine (Cymbalta)?

Long-term antidepressants are a better bet than benzodiazepines (BZDs) as doctors are becoming increasingly reluctant to prescribe BZDs which means you may not be able to get a prescription in the future. If you don't want to take meds then the cognitive/behavioural/mindfulness therapies are at least as effective.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: