Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone tried cymbalta?  (Read 189 times)

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has anyone tried cymbalta?
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
I just got prescribed cymbalta 30mg and clonzapam 1mg 3x as needed
I know how clonzapam is I've been on it for awhile. What's cymbalta like how long till I feel a difference and what are side effects with it
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone tried cymbalta?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
I recently got off of cymbalta 6 months ago because I was doing so much better I felt I didnt need it anymore. However my anxiety and depression has returned really bad again so I am going to go back on it and hope it works well again. I was on 60 mg for about 2 years and did very well. I dont remember any bad side effects from it at all. Hope it works for you as well.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 90
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:00:35 PM »
how long till I feel a difference and what are side effects with it

As with all antidepressants Cymbalta usually takes 3-12 weeks to kick-in. I won't list the potential side-effects because not everyone gets them and reading about them often results in experiencing them all. One of the more frequent is an in initial increase in anxiety which the clonazepam should be able to control.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline MLB2805

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 10:23:27 PM »
I had constipation and that's it. Helped me a lot!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:07 AM »
I was on 30mg for a few months. It helped a little bit, but when I went to 60mg I got chest pains and anxiety attacks, so I told my Psychiatrist that I wanted off (He didn't tell me such side effects could occur, so I was naturally fearful). That was the last time I talked to him, since he told me to merely stop taking it (No weaning off) since it's "not addictive." I had horrible withdrawal symptoms for a few days before I called a Pharmacist and they said that I could open up the capsule and remove some of the drug beads inside or take it every other day and taper off that way. Still, I remember being in such agony for a few weeks. I felt like my eye balls were going to roll out of my eye sockets. My head hurt and I felt sick, but then again my old Psychiatrist was a dunce.

But the drug altogether didn't seem that bad. I was coerced by my Chiropractor to stop taking the Cymbalta and try the natural route. I tried it for a few weeks and it didn't work with me. My grandmother passed away and the physical manifestations came back, so I went to a new Psychiatrist that is well known in the field and is sought after. He actually listens to me and we chat like normal people do as well. He answers any and all questions.

Best of luck to you. I think the Cymbalta is worth a shot. When I did first start taking it I felt sick for a couple of weeks (Stomach), especially in the morning. Trudge through it. Xanax (.25mg) helped me IMMENSELY to cope with that as I transitioned into the Cymbalta. Just don't drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how the drug(s) effect you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline katiejanekaboom

• Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
I've been on 20 mg delayed-release capsules of Cymbalta for about 2-3 months now. The first week or two I was like "uh...what the heck." (This is the first drug I have tried for my depression/anxiety so I didn't know what to expect.) But the first week I had a few symptoms: headache, dizziness, yawning, sweating, trouble falling asleep, and also when I was going throughout my day I felt like I was moving really choppy like a cartoon character. After about 2 weeks I felt awesome. I don't really have any more side effects. Cymbalta definitely helps with depression, bad thoughts, and anxiety. It even helped me have more energy, confidence, and I am better at focusing. If I have to be on this drug for the rest of my life, I have no objections. I love it!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Cymbalta