Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I had a Boil Lanced (cut by a doctor)  (Read 142 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
I had a Boil Lanced (cut by a doctor)
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:51:03 PM »
Hi Guys. I have a boil that was lanced by the doctor yesterday, he made an incision in it and drained some of the pus. It's still very sensitive in that area however. It's kinda in the place where my butt cheeks meet on the left cheek so its painful to walk/sit sometimes. He prescribed me an antibiotic cream to use that i've been using.... I don't know, i've just been getting a lot of boils lately and i don't know why, and I'm afraid, what if this one doesn't heal right and gets further infected? It already was infected when he lanced it...

What good does lancing do for you? Also will the boil resolve on its own with the antibiotic cream? I guess i'm just terrified this will turn into something big and bad. I asked him about sitz baths with salt and he said it wasn't nessessary and to just use the cream. I don't know this is really freaking me out, half because I can't see it until I contort my body in the mirror (can't see it that well even then), and because I feel like I have chills, though I don't have a fever. I don't know this is all so confusing and scary. Please help!
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: I had a Boil Lanced (cut by a doctor)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »
Oh my god, what if I have MRSA?
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:12:41 PM »
I had a staph infection. It doesnt look like that. it creates crater wounds, ulcers. holes. Anyway. they lance it to drain out the pus, which is causing the inflammation and pain, and contains a large number of the dead infectious agent and your immune cells that died fighting it.

It has to go somewhere, and out of your body is the best possible place.  So when you lance it and drain it, you are removing the remnants of the infection, so it does not return. And yes, its going to be sore for a few days. they cut into an inflammed area of skin, that's gonna be unpleasant.

I could explain in detail if you want, but you really don't. the short of it is, they lance it because if they don't, it may not heal and it may kill you by spreading to your blood and other parts of your body. And honestly when they lance an infection, that's the end of the infection. Almost always. If not theyll put you on anti-biotics.

Calm down. Everything is likely going to be fine. Even in the very worst case, you have doctors on it and you will get treated early enough to treat any complications.

You can trust me. I study microbiology in college (6th year) so I know what I'm talking about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »
I've been getting boils a lot lately though (abscess as the doctor called it). I had one that was brewing underneath my skin and one day exploded and clear fluid and blood drained from it on my arm, leaving a little crater... omg it was a crater. It was a small one though.

I've been getting abcessess on the skin more often lately... does that mean I have mrsa?
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
I'm now noticing I have whitehead zits all over my upper torso... I also have these things the doctor called "morgans spots". they're basically like a pinprick red mark or can be a little bigger and they've multiplied a lot in the past week... do I have sepsis or something? please help. i just had a really loose bowel movement and am starting to feel nausious
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
please help... it's getting too real man. It's hard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline janice1191

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »
It is hard! But if your doctor told you it was nothing to worry about, don't concern yourself with it. Stress will cause you to break out and have loose stools.

What kind of tools are you using to calm your fears?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: