Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Yo Hello Hooray  (Read 26 times)

Offline alkaline16

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yo Hello Hooray
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:02:38 PM »
This is a post to introduce myself to the community.

I've been dealing with anxiety/depression issues for a few years now I suppose. I'm 25 years old and take Cymbalta daily for general anxiety and depression.

This is my second time being on Cymbalta. When I'm not on the medication I seem to worry myself sick with health anxiety and fears of dying, as well as your typical worrying about money, job, relationships etc. It got to the point of obsessively researching symptoms to diseases I thought I potentially had. The worry was taking over my life and I eventually decided to do something about it.

Since being on the meds I feel better in a lot of ways. Most notably, I'm just happier. My relationships with people around me have never been better (after damaging a few with my issues).

Although I do feel better, I still have moments of panic. One night after researching something...probably cancer or something, I came across this site and started lurking the posts for a bit. Seeing other people commenting on their own struggles made me feel better about my own and I decided to join up.

Anyways, that's me! Any questions, ask away!

How's that for a meaningful post???
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Yo Hello Hooray
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:24:12 AM »
Hi alkaline,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: