Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 32 times)

Offline lxm21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing Myself
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new and wanted to introduce myself.  I'm a 32 year old male who was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder at age 12.  I've been on Paxil for the better part of 15 years.  My anxiety has changed over time.  When I was young, it was all centered around panic attacks.  For the most part, I'm in control of the panic, but ever since I became a father of twin boys (June 2013), I have suffered from Health Anxiety.  I'm always thinking I have some terminal life-ending disease and that I won't get to watch my boys grow up.  Currently, I'm stuck in the vicious anxiety cycle of having real physical symptoms (dizziness and trembling being the most prevalent) which, in turn, cause me to worry even more.  I believe that my mind is so inwardly focused on every feeling/sensation in my body that I'm only making my physical symptoms worse.

Anyways, thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:28:06 AM »
Hi lxm,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

There are many of us here who hit new highs of Health Anxiety after the birth of our children.  Sometimes I think it is the responsibility and pressure of always wanting to be there for them.  Being afraid that something could happen to change that.  The first years especially are so amazing in their lives.  I hope you can find some support here so you can truly enjoy that time with them rather than focused on the HA fears.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: