Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: heart palpitations  (Read 196 times)

Offline alesha

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
heart palpitations
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »
So here I am again, anxious over health. Ive been having heart palpitations for the past couple days, almost feels like a hollow heart beat. I dwell on how I am feeling and tend to panic.  I had a ECG not too long ago but sometimes my mind wont let me believe I am fine. I guess its part of my OCD and GAD. Does anyone else have heart palpitations for no reason? Or just for being anxious?  Wouldnt they have seen something wrong on the ECG if there was any? I drive myself crazy sometimes.  I always fear the worst over even the smallest symptom!
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: heart palpitations
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:20:04 PM »
Anxiety
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
Heart palpitations are also a trigger for panic/anxiety for me at times.  I have learned via doctors and other medical professionals that these skips or pauses are extremely common in people and many have them but don't feel them.  Unfortunately, I feel and note in my memory most of mine which sensitizes me to the feeling.  Its actually the timing between heartbeats that temporarily change.  Doctors tell me its normal.  Some docs will give you beta blockers to diminish the sensation but there are some annoying side effects to the med.  All in all, heart palpitations are typically benign, although to you and I, especially disturbing due to the anxiety.  Take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 05:14:32 PM »
I have heart palpitations all the time, along with pvc's, pac's, an arrhythmia, and mild regurgitation in 3 heart valves, chest pain at times and my heart is still healthy!

my ecgs are never normal, but yet im still healthy and all these things with my heart are not life threatening. at the moment :) im 25 by the way

and anxiety does cause the palpitations
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 05:15:21 PM »
I have heart palpitations all the time, along with pvc's, pac's, an arrhythmia, and mild regurgitation in 3 heart valves, chest pain at times and my heart is still healthy!

my ecgs are never normal, but yet im still healthy and all these things with my heart are not life threatening. at the moment :) im 25 by the way

and anxiety does cause the palpitations
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:55:48 AM »
I get loads all the time. I feel like my heart is stopping and my pulse thuds. I had a normal ECG and then a 24 hour ECG as I didn't believe them. The 24 hour ECG showed all my palps and they're known as bigeminy and trigeminy which are apparently normal and the 'safe' palps so I've been told.

The less I worried about them the less I had! Hang on in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: