Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bowel problems and I need HELP  (Read 233 times)

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bowel problems and I need HELP
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »
Hi, I am new here and I am sooo glad I found this site!!!!!

My past two years have been really, really tough.  My mother dies in my arms, I then had to clear out my childhood home, spruce it up and sell it.  Just as I was getting on back track with things (or so I thought), I had to go to the ER because of a stabbing pain inmy right rib, I though for sure is was my gallbladder. So they did an ultrsound, which stated all was good it was just my acid reflux acting up.  OK fast forward 4 weeks and my doctor called, when they did the ultrasound, they failed to tell me that my adrenal glands are enlarged.  Now I had to go and get a MRI of the abdomen, 24 hr urine test and another hormone suppresing test.  Get the OK---nothing wrong, the adrenals are enlarged but non-functiong (which is good).  Ok so I am good to go---wrong the very next day I thought I had a UTI---3 rounds of very strong antibiotics (macrobid, cipro and bacrtim ds) my doctor said it was probably cyctitis and I needed to go to a urologist.  I was in so much pain at work that they called my husband to pick me up and take me back to the ER.  After a CT scan of the pelvic area they agreed with my doctor----cystitis and pelvic floor dysfuntion.  I then went to the urologist who did her exam--oh my i have no dignity left---cystitis.

Since being on these really strong antibiotics, my bowel movements aren't the same, in fact my entire GI tract is not the same....rumbling, gas, acid relux in over drive,hemorrhoids, and my rectum is sore or it could be my imagination.

My biggest fear is that I have colon/rectal cancer.

My husband has been wonderful, but with every test that i have had (blood work 2x,mri abdomen, ct pelvic, ultrasound of abdomen,and a chest xray) i thought it was going to be cancer.  Now I want to schedule an endoscopy and a colonoscopy---I am nuts!!!!!!

I know i am a hypochondria, but these past four months i am at my worst.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Bookmark and Share

Online soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bowel problems and I need HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »
Oh my!  That would put anyone's HA into overdrive.

Antibiotics wreak havoc on your digestive system.  You need to get a good probiotic or eat yogurt to re-establish normal bowel flora.  Then I bet you'll feeling much better.  None of your symptoms point to cancer, they point to digestive system that has been stressed
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:32:20 PM »
I went to the ER for a prostate infection and was given a shot of rocephin, Ceftin a week layer by the PA uro(which was the wrong antibiotic and ruined my digestion+made the infection affect my urine stream), and just got thru with 2weeks cipro.

My bowel movements no longer smell the same and there is always mucus and wettish coating over my poo when I wipe.

Im afraid of PanCan cause now the stools are either really soft or very large and voluminous. Im afraid its fat in my stool :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
After all you've been through in the past couple of years, no wonder your body is acting up.  Stress alone can mess with your stomach and related organs so much - add a bunch of antibiotics on top of that and it would be weird if you weren't having problems!  Your tests would've shown by now if something was seriously wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: