Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Night "sweats" Please help!  (Read 215 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Night "sweats" Please help!
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:03:14 AM »
Sometimes I wake up at night with a very sticky/damp feeling mostly on my legs. I used to think it was a fluoxetine side effect but I stopped fluoxetine 3 weeks ago. I'm not dripping sweat but I am sweating. It was also freezing in my room last night. I'm wondering what it could be, worried about lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: Night "sweats" Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »
Night sweats are a tremendously common affect of anxiety. Do realise once you're in a state of stress that stress does not magically dissipate when you fall asleep.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Night "sweats" Please help!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:05:14 PM »
Please go back and look at my previous threads about 7 months of night sweats. So bad at times I had to change hurts. Never soaking wet but deffo damp a lot. I just got done seeing an oncologist and got two body mris and she has declared me to be healthy and don't come back :)
On top of that I was seeing my GP getting all sorts of tests in the meantime like specialized tumor marker blood tests, chest X-ray, ultrasounds, etc... My onco declares no sign of cancer. Yes! And I sweat at night! I have found I'm not the only young woman to do so either. My husband has a coworker who's gf started having bad nightsweats when she was in her early 20s. Its so bad sonetines he goes to sleep on the couch! It freaked her out but she was throughly checked by her doc and she's fine! I'm starting to think a lot if women go through hormonal shifts in their 20s. I'm 23 myself. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: