Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new therapist!  (Read 112 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new therapist!
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
i made and appointment with a different therapist after feeling a little disappointed with my first one. i didnt feel like i really connected with her. i just had my first appointment with my new therapist and i liked her a lot! she was non judgemenal and asked a lot of questions. she explained everything very well and clearly told me what she thought i had, something that my old therapist didnt do. she told me she thinks its panic disorder, some ocd, and possibly depression. she also specializes in CBT which ive been looking for. i also bought the anxiety and phobia workbook which i think is great and very helpful. im feeling hopeful and excited to get started on the road to recovery but that will have to wait until tomorrow because it was a very anxious day for me today and im feeling exhausted and a little sick from all the anxiety.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new therapist!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »
Hi Shaggy...

I think that it is fantastic that you had both the wisdom and insight to change therapists before you spent weeks and months dealing with one that you didn't connect with.

To me, being involved with a doctor, psychiatrist, and/or therapist, is an all so important relationship.  I need to feel a connection with them on many levels; that includes a sense of friendship, and faith that they have my interest in mind and have the knowledge and wisdom to help me to the best of their abilities.

On the flip side of the coin, I do everything I can to be honest and open with these professionals, as I know that will enhance the decisions they make to assist me.

I am hopeful for you, Shaggy, that your anxiety will be alleviated in time, that your new therapist combined with CBT will help you as it has helped me.

The very best to you, Shaggy!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new therapist!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »
i understand what you mean, thats what i wanted to feel with a therapist. yeah i try to be as honest too and tell them everything even if its embarrassing for me  :laugh3: thanks chuck ! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: