Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling down  (Read 188 times)

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling down
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
I wake up every morning and just sit here. I think about the day and how much I'm going to hate it. In current awaiting for approval to my new apartment and it's stressing me out. I've played every scenario out. What if I don't get it?!

Also, today marks 20 weeks or five months of my als scare. My arm is literally so sore to the touch and the twitching is still here...internal tremors and just a bad feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling down
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:44:16 PM »
Shawnw, help me! Your advice always seemed the best. I noticed after skating for four hours I got out of my car and had a radiating pain from my kneecap. I'm also tender to the touch on my arm. Twitching still all over with internal tremors upon waking up. Also, I watched my pinky twitch Saturday morning (the day I skated). This upper arm soreness keeps coming back to both arms. It's been five months, am I ok from als?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:10:56 PM »
Well I'm not Shawnw, but you seem to need some reassurance so I'll have to do.

I'm not prone to depression, but when I feel terrible because of the symptoms of anxiety I can get that way, especially in the morning. Just getting up and out of bed seems to be a huge chore. I find it's best for me to put on some upbeat music first thing to snap me out of that funk. I also try to think less of the bad things which might happen and more about the good things that might happen. There's usually at least something you can look forward to in your day, even if it's just getting a bowl of ice cream after dinner or something like that!

Muscle pains, twitches, tremors and aches are very common when you have anxiety. You already have your apartment situation stressing you out, and it's most likely that worrying about this is making your body go into defensive mode which makes your muscles tight and causes twitches and pains. In turn these symptoms make you even more anxious, causing a snowball effect.

I know that if I skated for 4 hours my knees would both have radiating pain... not to mention my legs, thighs, and feet. Did you take anything for the pain in your knee?
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »
What is good about pain is it leads you away from an *** diagnosis.  In that take solace.  Nothing you have described sounds remotely like ***.  5 months of twitching without clinical weakness puts you at that 99.9999999% category.  I rarely use the 100% because I can't say 100% that an alien won't chew it's way out of your chest (oh crap I just started 5 threads about a fear of aliens...lol).  Most say 4-6 months but honestly with a clean clinical I think it can be much sooner.  If you are twitching from a neuro nasty something will show up on clinical...even in that notorious 6%.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
Well I'm not Shawnw, but you seem to need some reassurance so I'll have to do.

I'm not prone to depression, but when I feel terrible because of the symptoms of anxiety I can get that way, especially in the morning. Just getting up and out of bed seems to be a huge chore. I find it's best for me to put on some upbeat music first thing to snap me out of that funk. I also try to think less of the bad things which might happen and more about the good things that might happen. There's usually at least something you can look forward to in your day, even if it's just getting a bowl of ice cream after dinner or something like that!

Muscle pains, twitches, tremors and aches are very common when you have anxiety. You already have your apartment situation stressing you out, and it's most likely that worrying about this is making your body go into defensive mode which makes your muscles tight and causes twitches and pains. In turn these symptoms make you even more anxious, causing a snowball effect.

I know that if I skated for 4 hours my knees would both have radiating pain... not to mention my legs, thighs, and feet. Did you take anything for the pain in your knee?
Good post.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
I had my clinical neuro exam 3 weeks after twitching and haven't been back since. Nothing has changed. Nonstop twitches in my calves 24/7. I didn't take anything for my knee pain which was sharp and sudden. It went away. I don't understand why my upper arms are so tender to the touch..I don't want to redo another neuro exam. I haven't noticed any weakness or changes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »
Remember twitching is already atypical. I just posted yesterday about every occurrence of ___ presenting with twitching also presenting with UMN symptoms. If you passed clinicals even 3 weeks after you began twitching I promise you, you're fine. You're not going to be the exception. Even in the exceptional cases -- the ONE that I know of -- the patient had reflexive change within 6 months. You're at 5. You're not suddenly going to develop reflexive change in a month. She was also falling down from leg weakness. To repeat, 6% of cases involved twitching before weakness, but not before UMN symptoms. 6% of .000017. What is that, dude. That's nothing. Shawn's estimation isn't actually too far off the mark.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »
I had my clinical neuro exam 3 weeks after twitching and haven't been back since. Nothing has changed. Nonstop twitches in my calves 24/7. I didn't take anything for my knee pain which was sharp and sudden. It went away. I don't understand why my upper arms are so tender to the touch..I don't want to redo another neuro exam. I haven't noticed any weakness or changes.

Why would you need another neuro exam?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
I don't need one. I feel more depressed than anything. This consumes me and so do all these negative thoughts. Logan, text me back!!

Also, I've been trying to do more to get my mind off of things. Like skating and buyin nice stuff ahahah. Unfortunately skating makes me stiff and sore the next few days.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
I don't need one. I feel more depressed than anything. This consumes me and so do all these negative thoughts. Logan, text me back!!

Also, I've been trying to do more to get my mind off of things. Like skating and buyin nice stuff ahahah. Unfortunately skating makes me stiff and sore the next few days.

It's important to remember that stiffness and soreness won't kill you.  Pain leads you away from nasty diseases.  I would consider some counseling as I think that would be greatly beneficial for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »
Thanks Shawn
Bookmark and Share

Tags: