Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Colonoscopy on Friday plus new symptom. Please help I'm scared  (Read 242 times)

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
Hi all,
As nice mentioned in a previous post, after months of abdominal discomfort, weird BMs and a bunch of other GI issues, the doc told me I had fat malabsorption (body isn't digesting fat) and wants to do an endoscopy/colonoscopy to find out why. I asked what it could be and he said bacteria. Or pancreas... Pancreas!?! That scared me. And now for the past few days I have had so much has and a terrible taste at the back of my mouth. Is it bile? It's at the back of my throat and it's never happened to me before. Plus I have been having pains in my ribs and stomach- maybe has- I dno! I'm really scared of what he going to find on Friday. And what he's not going to find! Because if he sees nothing then I have to have tests on my pancreas which really freaks me out...
I had a panel of blood tests done as well. If I had PC would something have been off in my ulcer tests or even just CBC??
Please tell me I'm going to be ok. I'm really scared right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colonoscopy on Friday plus new symptom. Please help I'm scared
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
I think if you had PC you would defiantly have much worse symptoms. What's been up with your BMs? I have BM anxiety. I had a colonoscopy and EGD on April 22. It was very easy. I was knocked out about 45 mins total. I felt great the rest of the day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »
Thks for your reply... My bms have just been inconsistent. Sometimes floating, sometimes loose, then on the wkend I had full on diarrhea. To be honest, weird bms in the absence of other symptoms wouldn't worry me. I always have em and have been told they mean nothing unless you see dark blood or they are grey. What's worrying you about your bms? I'm more concerned about the stomach pain, rib pain, belching, occasional nausea, and the fact that I am not digesting fat. I had an abdominal ultrasound in September last year... Nothing could have grown since then right??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »
My BM anxiety started in February 2013 when I had bright red blood streaks on my stool. I obsessed a year over the fear of CC. I finally saw my Gastro and had a colonoscopy EGD done in April and a small polyp was found in my sigmoid colon and internal hemorrhoids. My EGD was Norns,. I also get periodic pain my my left rib area that goes to my back. It feels like heartburn but more focused on my left side. How did your fat absorption or lack of diagnosed?? I have severe digestive health anxiety. I'm 27.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »
Fat malabsorption was diagnosed with a stool sample. I think we need to reassure each other here... Digestive issues seem to be common right? So maybe everyone has these things going on but we are really tuned in to our bodies so we notice and obsess over them more than the average person. It's all good and well to say, yet I am really freaking out about this weird taste in my mouth and reason doesn't calm my nerves. Ahh HA is the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: