Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Testicular Cancer Scare Please Read!  (Read 218 times)

Offline fallout

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Testicular Cancer Scare Please Read!
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:43:07 AM »
Ahh...  :dazed:
Yes, I'm back with another problem I'm having. (I'm a 17 year old kid that thinks everything under the sun is wrong with me.)

This problem has been going on since January 28th, 2014.

On said date, I was doing a self exam 'down there' and I noticed something that felt like a very small little blemish on my right testicle. I instantly went into a huge state of panic and depression, which got me slightly sick.
(They say the average size of a cancerous lump on the testicle is the size of a pea, and the lump would normally be rock hard. This is nowhere near the size of a pea and is too small to even distinguish if it's hard or soft, btw.)

My anxiety made it to where it felt like I was dying and I lost roughly 15 pounds in about two weeks. All I did was lay in bed thinking 'this is it'.

About a week later, I mustered up the courage to go to Centra Care. (For those who don't know, Centra Care is Florida's hospital-affiliated urgent care provider.) They did absolutely nothing and took a 50 dollar co-pay just for the doctor to put his hand on my stomach and ask "have you went to the bathroom recently". It was a joke.

A couple days after that I went to the Emergency room for further help. I told them what was going on and they took blood samples, did chest X-rays (because my main symptoms were stomach pain and slight troubles with breathing) and that was pretty much it. They told me I was fine and everything came back normal, besides having a developing case of acid reflux. That wasn't good enough to assure me.

I went to my family doctor next. I also told him everything that was wrong and when I told him my fear of possibly having testicular cancer, he just looked at me with an 'are you kidding me' kinda facial expression. They did blood pressure tests, he examined down there and he asked me if I knew exactly where the lump was. Kinda in shock, and sorta embarrassed I said 'no' which I didn't really know exactly where it was anyways. He told me to pull up my pants and that was that. He too said nothing was wrong, saying it is most likely just a cyst, which will go away on it's own someday and didn't even request further testing.

Sooooo... Here I am 5 or so months later with the little blemish still there (which didn't change in size a bit and my testes still feel normal, btw) but no symptoms to make me think that I would have anything wrong with me and I'm healthy again, gained all the weight back and my anxiety levels about the subject are way lower than months past... But the thought is still there, which is what gets me.

(Please spare me on the "something could be seriously wrong, get to the doctor before you die!" kind of speeches because I really can't take any more of the scary thinking. Thanks.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: Testicular Cancer Scare Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:15:21 AM »
Trust your doctor.

It's already evident you have fairly bad anxiety; considering you've posted twice about two serious diseases within the last 24 hours. Neither of which you have any objective reason to believe you have.

Treat the 'xieities, man.

Edit: I missed the part where you said you're 17. Now I'm giving you the, 'are you serious' face.

Edit 2: Here's some personal advice. You are 17. This is the one time if your life you're essentially guaranteed healthfulness. Relax, man.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »
No doom and gloom from me either. As you get older you'll find more and more "odd" features on your body. Blemishes are totally normal; the only cause for concern is if they start growing rapidly or something like that. The stomach problems are most likely caused by your anxiety, and the testicular issue is just something your mind has chosen to focus on because it needs a focus for all this anxiety you're feeling. If it wasn't your testicles then it would be your stomach, or your school work, or something else. Deal with the anxiety and the other issues will fall in line, guaranteed.  If the lump is growing or if you find that it turns into two or three lumps then you should definitely get checked out; otherwise I see no need to worry, especially at your age.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:00:14 AM »
its most likely a cyst. I had one a looooong time ago. Also just keep tabs on it. Tbh you probably felt the spermatic chord or something
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blobuk11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:45:13 AM »
I had one of these when I was about your age. I freaked out to. My doctor told me the name of what it's called but I can't remember. It's totally harmless and very common. Mine is still there 20 years later.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: