Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Male Pattern Baldness  (Read 224 times)

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Male Pattern Baldness
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:25:30 PM »
I'm twenty six years old and over the past month I've noticed that I'm starting to develop a receding hairline. I feel like that I'm too young to be dealing with baldness and am absolutely worried that I'm going to be one of those guys that goes completely bald within the time span of a year. I've always had a pretty good head of hair and just thinking about being bald greatly increases my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pink Cat

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Male Pattern Baldness
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »
If you did go bald it's not always automatically a bad thing; some people look good with no hair. 

There are things they can do to help fix it if you didn't feel comfortable with it.  I think they can implant hair into areas where it is going away and they might have products you can use to increase hair growth.  If you feel comfortable doing something like that. 

Something I've noticed is that if you like someone you start to like how they look.  Like if you've ever thought an actor looked nice and then heard they did something stupid or bad, then when you see them its just kinda like... bleh.  Maybe you still think they technically look good, but it doesn't matter anymore.  You don't like them and not just how they look.  Or, if you've seen someone who you thought didn't look so good and then find out something really great about them, suddenly you think well of them and it stops mattering so much what they look like.  Some musicians, I'm thinking of Classic Rock mostly, are really rough and "ugly" but everybody loves them to death cause they like them and their work. 

If losing your hair is something that really worries you, you might be making it up a bit too.  Worry can make you do that.  When I lost weight trying to be more healthy I thought I looked a lot better; then, my mother bugged out and started saying "you're soooo skinny" and I was like... D: oh my god what if I'm too skinny!  She scared me and I started looking at my wrists and sides and thinking... yeah... that is too skinny, what if I'm hurting myself, what if I should eat more?!  But my boyfriend looked it up and for my height, my weight is fine and my dad doesn't think I look too skinny.  You could be losing your hair somewhat, I don't know cause I'm not there, but it's something to keep in mind.  :)
Bookmark and Share
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and spiders.

Tags: