Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Visiting the Doctor Tomorrow about my Tonsils...nervous  (Read 142 times)

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Visiting the Doctor Tomorrow about my Tonsils...nervous
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »
I'm finally revisiting the doctor tomorrow about my issues concerning my hardened tonsil/white lingual tonsil. I just am so afraid that I'm going to be referred to an ENT for a biopsy and that the biopsy will confirm that I have tonsil cancer. I know that it's really rare in 26 year olds and that neither of the places have had any growth over the time span of roughly eight months, however my health anxiety is going into overboard about the situation. I've literally looked up information about tonsil cancer all day long and am in a serious depression about the entire situation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Visiting the Doctor Tomorrow about my Tonsils...nervous
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
You already know this is unlikely and your anxieties are compelling you. There's not much left to be said. If it's any consolation, your reasoning is sound. It is rare, especially in someone so young and growth would be expected at this point.

You're going to be okay.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 11:32:50 PM »
Sounds like you have literally done everything that you can about this. Now it's time to just let go of it and let your doctor do what they do. You can't change anything by worrying all night about it, and Googling about it won't help either as you already know. You know that tonsil cancer is very rare, and based on your other post today you do have reflux which has probably irritated it and maybe it has even gotten infected (you also mentioned sinus drainage IIRC which could cause post-nasal irritation as well). I know it's easier said than done, but letting go is probably the best thing to do right now. Try to relax, listen to some happy music, get a good night's sleep and know that whatever it is, you'll soon find out, and then you can make a plan once you have all the information you need. Until then there's nothing more you can do about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:14 PM »
I would feel more confident that it was acid reflux related if the pain/discomfort was more bilateral than unilateral. While I occasionally feel a similar level of pain on the left tonsil, the right tonsil always is 100 times worse. Also, the left tonsil is more fleshy and normal feeling than the right tonsil (which is just hard feeling). My positives are that the bad tonsil actually seems to be somewhat smaller than the good tonsil and that I can confidently say that I'm not HPV positive. However, I guess that I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: