Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hot flashes!!  (Read 144 times)

Offline Purple22

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hot flashes!!
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
I used to get hot flashes when I started having anxiety two years ago. It has been a week that I been getting sort of hot flashes that is making me anxious and I don't want to have an anxiety attack. I didn't have no hot flashes today, but still felt somewhat anxious about it. Has anyone had it before??
Bookmark and Share
Courage is knowing what not to fear. -Plato #courage

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hot flashes!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »
There are a lot of reasons for hot flashes . . . some depend on age . . . can be caused by hormonal fluctuations and not necessarily just perimenopause or menopause . . . sometimes hot flashes for folks with anxiety are a physical symptom of anxiety . . . since you said hot flashes are making you anxious, it seems as if you are in a bit of a self-perpetuating cycle . . . my best suggestion is to find out what is triggering the hot flashes and if it is anxiety then to find out what is triggering the anxiety . . . for me, when I am in an episode of anxiety, I will often experience a flush of warmth throughout my body . . . so, you are not alone with respect to the symptom, but you may need to look for an individual trigger for it . . . are you on any types of meds where these hot flashes may be a side effect? which is another source that you might want to consider . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Purple22

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »
Thanks for your feedback. I'm currently on benzos. I could say that's it's more of a flush of warmth that triggers the anxiety, when I'm on edge.
Bookmark and Share
Courage is knowing what not to fear. -Plato #courage

Offline bothfeet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
Hot flashes i noticed when im anxios ,automatically exculate to mini little panic attacks,when the two are comming at me at once ,im noticing that for about 2-3 min im a complete distraught mess.
Im in menopause and when i get to heaven ,im going to ask god What where you thinking  ,grrrrrrr.
The other night i was sitting in a chair all stressed out ,thinking but calm,within seconds i can feel a hot flash commimg ,i had to sit up and i started to call out why why why ,i hate my body i hate my body.
I read somewhere stress can trigger hot flashes more ,so you see cant win . :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ECee

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Hello :)
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
I don't have them much now, but I had them frequently when my anxiety started becoming bad two years ago. It happened at times of stress mostly, and I'd sweat a lot. I asked my psychiatrist at the time about it and she told me to get bloodwork done, but they didn't find anything.
Bookmark and Share
"I can unscrew the stars..."

Tags: