Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really scary symptoms  (Read 589 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really scary symptoms
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
I'm sure they'll find that you have hemorrhoids, and I doubt that they'll find anything else very serious. I understand being anxious about doctor visits, especially of such a personal nature, but just remember that this will help ease your mind about the problem. Also, for me at least, the gender of the doctor has never been such a big deal. In fact I may be a bit more comfortable with a female doctor than a male doctor for some weird reason. I think I tend to feel just a bit more relaxed around the opposite gender. The language barrier would be more difficult for me to deal with, because I always have tons of questions I want answered. Anyway, good luck to you at your visit, and I'm sure it'll be just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really scary symptoms
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 04:22:03 PM »
Ok I finally got a doctor's appointment for Friday. But here are the problems:

1. I am in France and I don't speak good French

2. The proctologist is a woman

I feel scared and anxious right now because I'm afraid they will find something bad and also I'm anticipating the awkwardness because of the doctor's gender. I wrote my symptoms down in French on an iPad and I plan to bring that to show to them.

I cannot stop thinking about this.

Trust me when I say this the gender of your doc matters only to you.  The doc sees these things all day, it's merely another butt.  There won't be any giggling or judgment as you are working with a professional.  As for the language barrier, that is a real issue.  But, many people in france speak english.  I would imagine she does as well.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: