Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: EXTREME fear over my sons symptoms!! Brain Tumor? BEGGING you to read.  (Read 956 times)

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
I was going to post but SJ joined in to say what I was going to say except I feel for kids, had my own, and think they deserve the best we have to give them. They don't ask to be born. We put them into this world and want to do all we can to help them, always.

Your admission that you need help goes a long way to getting better. You want to summon your will and determination to help yourself. This can be with a therapist, with some light meds, with self-help books, with support groups, with CBT and its components of journaling, varied exercise, reading, thinking, meditating, etc. You will enjoy learning about yourself. And your boy will be so happy to have the good role model he needs and deserves.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
About seeking help for my anxiety I know I need to do it. I really do I just don't think it will help me.

Okay, but is what you're doing now helping you? What have you got to lose in at least trying to treat your anxiety? Try it for six months, and then revisit  this question.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Okay if you're "drilling him with questions," stop that.  Seriously.  My mom, who had HA for a long time, used to do that.  Most of my HA habits I learned from her.  Keep this away from your son.  It's your battle, not his, don't drag him into it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Okay if you're "drilling him with questions," stop that.  Seriously.  My mom, who had HA for a long time, used to do that.  Most of my HA habits I learned from her.  Keep this away from your son.  It's your battle, not his, don't drag him into it.

This!!!!  Lindsay you can't do this to him.  It's not fair.  I know it's hard, but please, I beg you, to not do this to him.  Don't saddle him with a life of fears.

Medication and therapy will work but you have to want it to work and you have to want to change.  Until then, these obsessions will just keep spiraling.  Do you really want to live the rest of your life like this?  Is it fair to you, your husband or your kids?

The first few weeks of an SSRI can be no fun, therapy can be no fun and is hard work but its so worth it!!!!  You can finally be free.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Beth0810

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: EXTREME fear over my sons symptoms!! Brain Tumor? BEGGING you to read.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 05:13:41 AM »
My son is 8. He gets migraines.  He's gotten them since he was 5. 

I keep reading your posts and do you know what I notice?  You have, since June, jumped from worry to worry to worry and still have not gotten any help.  And this post worries me because now you are doing it to your kids!! 

Do you want your kids to grow up with the cycle of worry that you SUFFER with?   They are seeing you do this and think it's normal.  Is that what you want for them?   

You say your mom and grandma have HA   Guess what? It's not just HA. it's OCD.  Big time.  And YOU can break the cycle. 

Please.  PLEASE. Call a therapist TODAY and get an appointment.   I almost feel like you should be admitted for a bit to get your symptoms under control and get you started on medicine.  I'm seriously worried about you.  And your kids.  And your husband, who is now not getting to be close to his wife because of her mental health issues. 

You can feel so much better than this.   All you have to do is reach out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: