Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I feel like an invalid  (Read 156 times)

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I feel like an invalid
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
I need to face facts that I'm undateable. Nobody wants me it seems. I don't know why, but maybe it's the fact that I'm not a strong he-man or a jerk. I think I might just give up and let love happen to those who deserve it, not me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluerose

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like an invalid
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:46:07 AM »
Abe you don't say how old you are and what avenues you've tried to meet someone to date.  Many woman don't want to date jerks (bad boys) though some do.  If you can hold onto a positive attitude that is a really attractive quality to other people.  If you don't meet someone right away at least with a positive attitude you'll feel better about yourself until the right one comes along.  Try getting involved in activities and hobbies you're interested in so you can meet people who have similar interests.  I know about beating yourself up mentally -- I'm a long time depressive, but with time and medication I have a brighter outlook.  Since my partner passed away in 2006 I've only been on a few dates and none of them amounted to anything.  I do have what I guess you could call strikes against me.  I'm obese from the meds, yet I have to take them to be stable and I'm also mentally ill, plus I'm middle aged.  You are probably much younger than me and when I was in my 20's and thin I dated several men.  There is hope for you.  As for me I'm at the point if I meet someone fine and if I don't fine.  I do have the support of a core group of close women friends which is a life saver.
Bookmark and Share
You wanted justice, but there was none, only love.

Offline asuka07

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:57 AM »
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this. If it makes you feel any better you are not the only who feels like they will never find anyone.  :winking0008: But Bluerose is right, you just have to stay positive.  (Trust me I know how hard that can be.) Sometimes we need breaks from the dating world and thats ok, just never give up completely.

Have you tried online dating?  For those of us who have trouble meeting people in real life, its a great alternative.  Just spend some time creating an interesting profile and see what happens! 

Good luck!   
Bookmark and Share

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
You're right on the young bit. I'm 21, and I've tried online dating, but to little/no success.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: