Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Neurophobes out there, do any of you experience this?  (Read 398 times)

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
Re: Neurophobes out there, do any of you experience this?
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »
I'm wondering if the joint-pain was my doing by self-testing. Thing is now, I haven't in about a week.

As for speech, I can actually 'feel' my slip-ups 'build' kinda. Like the longer I talk the more stress I feel about the sentence. Still, no one thinks I sound odd. It's almost like my lips/mouth move in a way displeasing to me. Like I feel what's going on way too poignantly to the point it irritates me then I stutter/believe I sound weird. It's been ongoing for like a month. At this point I'd expect an actual deficit. But then there's TZDenver (no one on these forums should google this). I'm wondering if his case was actually far more pronounced. His wife and neuro noticed, after all.

Edit: I've at this point also became convinced at different time periods of every onset. Leg, arm, mouth (all right side) which causes me to think anxiety. I was, without a doubt, confirmed by at least three doctors, to be hyperventilating quite badly before this started. I often feel like I can't get enough air (like right now sitting up; whenever I try sleeping). I don't notice if I'm breathing too quickly when my mind isn't fixed on it. I also know my 02 saturation has been fine and I'm indeed breathing appropriately although I don't feel like it. It feels like my neck/chest/throat is contracted. I understand that's a common symptom of anxiety? 
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 04:48:22 PM »
Pan's old posts have been helpful as well. To anyone reading this and going through something similar. His case was nearly identical to mine.

Edit, again: Obligatory recognition of full-membership post. Woo.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 38
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »
I'm wondering if the joint-pain was my doing by self-testing. Thing is now, I haven't in about a week.

As for speech, I can actually 'feel' my slip-ups 'build' kinda. Like the longer I talk the more stress I feel about the sentence. Still, no one thinks I sound odd. It's almost like my lips/mouth move in a way displeasing to me. Like I feel what's going on way too poignantly to the point it irritates me then I stutter/believe I sound weird. It's been ongoing for like a month. At this point I'd expect an actual deficit. But then there's TZDenver (no one on these forums should google this). I'm wondering if his case was actually far more pronounced. His wife and neuro noticed, after all.

Edit: I've at this point also became convinced at different time periods of every onset. Leg, arm, mouth (all right side) which causes me to think anxiety. I was, without a doubt, confirmed by at least three doctors, to be hyperventilating quite badly before this started. I often feel like I can't get enough air (like right now sitting up; whenever I try sleeping). I don't notice if I'm breathing too quickly when my mind isn't fixed on it. I also know my 02 saturation has been fine and I'm indeed breathing appropriately although I don't feel like it. It feels like my neck/chest/throat is contracted. I understand that's a common symptom of anxiety?

I couldn't have described my sensations with speech any better than that.  I'm now about 3 months into the speech issues and they appear to be the same.  Sometimes I am ok, not thinking about the speech in a great conversation and I do just fine.  But, when I am hyperaware and/or anxious I feel this building with my mouth...this anticipatory tension and then boom I mess up a word.  My lips, jaw and mouth will feel heavy and words coming out of my mouth feel funny and sound off to me, yet my wife says she doesn't hear it.  And anytime you read stories it's so hard to know exactly how things went down.  It's why it's best not to read case studies or peoples scary stories over the net.  Typically, it's very fast...one day your ability to say a syllable is gone or greatly hindered.  They don't mess up words, they can't say certain words and quickly go to mumbling then an inability to speak.

Believe it or not nomnom you have helped me quite a bit just knowing there is another person who feels exactly like I do...it's reassuring.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 38
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
Pan's old posts have been helpful as well. To anyone reading this and going through something similar. His case was nearly identical to mine.

Edit, again: Obligatory recognition of full-membership post. Woo.

You have a link?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
Pan wrote the sticky, 'Accepting the Diagnosis'. Skip to page 95 of his posts on his profile. Around then is when his ALS fear started. I'll grab a link to his profile.

Edit: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?action=profile;u=11596
Bookmark and Share

Tags: