Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: PLEASE help me! I'm pregnant  (Read 131 times)

Offline AnxietyGirl24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
PLEASE help me! I'm pregnant
« on: June 01, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
I don't know if this is right place for this.  So yesterday I did something so so stupid.  I sprayed some hand molds with this acrylic spray in my garage.  I breathed it in probably 3-4 times and I got a little on my finger.  After I was done spraying I read the bottle and it said not to use if planning to become pregnant or are pregnant.  I am freaking out!!!  Why didn't I read it BEFORE I used it??  I didn't have a headache, eyes, nose & throat weren't irritated.  What if my baby has a birth defect now because I used this stuff??  I'm 5 weeks right now.
Bookmark and Share

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: PLEASE help me! I'm pregnant
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 03:49:31 PM »
The exposure you've described doesn't suggest significant toxic dosage; nowhere close, actually. Your baby's perfectly fine.

Taken from americanpregnancy.org

'Paint And Pregnancy: What If I Have Been Exposed To Paint Already?

Currently, there are no studies that document harm to the baby during normal and incidental exposure to paint (i.e. painting a room). The only studies that note a potential for miscarriage and malformations has to do with the higher levels of exposure through recreational use (sniffing and inhaling regularly).

If you have been exposed to paint, rest assured that the likelihood of any problems is low. According to the FDA, today’s paints do not contain lead and are probably not dangerous. Let your health care provider know of any paint exposure and together you can discuss the potential risk.'
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline AnxietyGirl24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »
Do you think it matters if it wasn't paint?  It was a clear protective coating.  Or do you think the same rule still applies?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for replying!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »
Do you think it matters if it wasn't paint?  It was a clear protective coating.  Or do you think the same rule still applies?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for replying!!

Even less concern, because there are no potentially toxic pigments. A lot of the toxins in paints are the pigments themselves which can be made from toxic metals like cobalt and lead. No color means no pigments, which means less likely to be harmful. The main issue with these paints is the volatile fumes, so as long as you had decent ventilation and weren't deliberately inhaling the fumes like thenomnomnomicon said, then you should be just fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: