Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessive Thoughts Causing Anxiety?  (Read 200 times)

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Obsessive Thoughts Causing Anxiety?
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:04:45 AM »
Living life seems too strange to me. I wake up every morning with these thoughts in my head about how weird life is, and I feel super aware of my existance. I feel like I'm watching myself do things. I honestly am not thinking obsessively that much anymore, but I just can't seem to live my life normally anymore because everything I see, Do, Hear, Experience, is tainted with a "this is weird" feeling. It's almost like I'm trying to return to my normal life after my really bad Depersonalization, and my brain won't let me make the switch because it remembers my obsessive thoughts. I used to think that I had debugged life's code, and no human had ever thought these things before... Like I discovered that life was fake. But honestly, if I can breathe subconsciously, If my heart beats, hair grows, I blink, all subconsciously and on my own... There is no way that I have discovered a loophole in consciousness itself... Using my own consciousness.
This weird feeling goes away when I'm distracted, or to be honest, when I'm in a stressful situation. My mind is fixating on other important issues, not these crap thoughts. I feel like a fool. I have a fantastic family, I'm in great physical health, I'm getting good grades, never EVER been abused, and I live in a stable environment. But there are people living in dirt shacks with nothing, fighting to get food just to live another day in their crap environment. Here I am... So selfish... So pointless. But I'm anxiety riddled nonetheless and I would love to be able to live normally again.

Any suggestions?
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessive Thoughts Causing Anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »
I can relate. Sometimes that alone is helpful...

I think most people who feel like this frequently, usually started from a single instance of severe stress which caused it for the first time. The experience of feeling depersonalized itself is so stressful that just remembering it can trigger it again. And then it becomes a cycle that is hard to break. I find that when it happens to me now, I can usually snap myself out of it more quickly than I used to by just reminding myself that it won't last forever, it doesn't mean that I'm going crazy, it's a normal reaction to stress that my brain has just hijacked, and that it isn't harmful. Take some deep breaths and meditate, then try to distract yourself with something else. That's about the best advice I've got right now. It won't stop it from happening, but it might help you cope when it does happen, and eventually it gets less frequent as it becomes less of a controlling influence on your life. You learn to actually fear it less, so it happens less often.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessive Thoughts Causing Anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:37:34 PM »
I think the main problem is you got confused, and mixed up cause and effect. Its not obsessive thoughts causing anxiety, it's anxiety causing obsessive thoughts.
Bookmark and Share