Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Cymbalta/Abilify combo  (Read 55 times)

Online TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cymbalta/Abilify combo
« on: June 01, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
Taking 60mg Cymb and 5mg Abilify right now.  For awhile it was just Cymb and 2mg Abilify.  I have now been on 5mg for a week and while my moods are slowly evening out, I'm still having trouble.  First, I'm wondering if Cymb even works for me except it definitely helps the worrying.  I have always felt more irritable and impatient on antideps, which is one of many reasons I got Dxed bipolar. 
Does anyone have experience witht this combo? Wonder if I should lower or eventually taper off Cymb OR increase Abilify dose? I can't change  2 meds simultaneously because I will always be guessing as to what is causing what.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 86
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cymbalta/Abilify combo
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
I have always felt more irritable and impatient on antideps

What antidepressants have you tried and at what dose?

Wonder if I should lower or eventually taper off Cymb OR increase Abilify dose?

I doubt Abilify would be adequate on its own so reducing the dose to sub therapeitic levels or tapering off Cymbalta completely isn't wise, IMHO, though switching to another antidepressant may be if you believe it isn't effective. Upping the Abilify dose is a possibility, though I'd give the current dose another week or two before making that call.

Ian

Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: