Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: sore throat with white spots on my tonsils  (Read 212 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
sore throat with white spots on my tonsils
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »
Today I woke up with a sore throat. I have been feeling progressively worse through the day... I just looked at my throat and the tonsils are red and swollen with small white spots. There are also what looks to be 3 or 4 small blisters on one tonsil... I also have a mild fever of 101.3

I got a notification in my son's backpack that the hand foot and mouth virus was identified in the school. My palms have been very itchy the past few days...

Also his teacher was sick last week... My son is showing no signs of illness so far..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: sore throat with white spots on my tonsils
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 10:42:48 PM »
Sounds like you might have strep. A throat culture will tell you in a jiffy if you do. I've had strep many times as a kid and twice as an adult; some people get it more easily than others. Strep usually makes your throat hurt in a more painful way rather than a scratchy way, if that makes sense. Also, other people will report that you have foul smelling breath with strep. The fever is a good indicator as well, and the itchiness can sometimes happen as well since strep is not necessarily contained to just your throat. In severe cases you can break out in a red rash across your chest and belly, etc. With the fever, I would definitely suggest visiting the doctor. Strep is easily diagnosed and easily treated but without treatment it can get serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:33:30 AM »
Definitely sounds like strep.  I used to get it constantly as a kid.  See a doctor and get tested - if it's strep it's easy to treat, but left untreated can get serious. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 03:50:36 AM »
God. I really hope that it's not strep... I am going to Puerto Rico on Thursday and I don't want to be sick there
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »
If it's strep you should be fine by Thursday. My daughter developed it on a trip to Florida. We visited a clinic on the way down when she started getting symptoms. She got antibiotics that night, we arrived the next day and she rested all that day. By the day after that she was having fun at Disney World. The antibiotics are very effective against it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: