Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: There is no Cure for me  (Read 420 times)

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: There is no Cure for me
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
I've been to the ER three times (as an adult) for panic attacks and each time my vitals did very similar to what you just described. That's why I stopped going to the ER! When you get there you are so ramped up and stressed about the reality of what's going on that your pulse and BP are through the roof, but your body can't keep that up forever so it slowly comes down enough that they let you go home. One time I had to be carried in by two adults because I was shaking so badly I couldn't stand up on my own.

You can help speed this calming effect by using biofeedback and relaxation techniques, but different techniques work better for some people than for others. The most immediately helpful thing for me to do is to take a deep breath, as deep as I can, hold it for a moment, and then blow it out slowly while imagining that I'm blowing out all the fear and anxiety. Do this a few times and you will start to feel immediate benefit. It's not as long lasting as the benefit you can get from other techniques, but it's fast and easy to do under any circumstance so I recommend trying it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »
yeah i was shaking so bad they had to help me onto the ambulance and when he took my glucose blood test he had to hold my hand because it was everywhere i wa breathing really deep and rapidly i was shaking really bad my hands legs and body was like shell shock was that bad if i had high bp would he have now because it did go down but slowly
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
Yep, this sounds so familiar. It just doesn't seem like something so dramatic can be caused by anxiety but it is. I worry about the equipment not being hooked up right or the monitor not being observed when my pulse or BP is up so the doctors don't know how bad it really is or whatever. But it's just my mind's way of trying to find something "real" to attach all these symptoms to because anxiety doesn't seem like it could cause all that by itself. But it can.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »
yeah but if they wernt hooking it properly they wouldnt be getting a reading at all and they now how to do it because they have done it loads before and are trained to know and use equipment
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 12:05:16 AM »
Exactly. When you have anxiety, you are sometimes more likely to believe the worst even if it's very unlikely, instead of believing that things are going to be okay, even if that's the most likely case. You just have to tell yourself that it's probably going to be fine, even if it doesn't feel that way. And then take some deep breaths...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: