Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Stool anxiety won't leave me. It's ruining my life.  (Read 313 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Stool anxiety won't leave me. It's ruining my life.
« on: May 31, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »
Yup it's  me again (waves hi) I am still crippled over the anxiety my stool is giving me. I can't believe I am letting SH*T control my life and happiness. Since the bleeding source was located, resolved and determined to be absolutely nothing to worry about my focus is now on the fact my stools float. Not the whole BM but some. They will start out floating and then slowly sink. Some sink rapidly while some sink very slowly. I'm terrified this could be related to pancreatic C. Like I said in my pervious post about this a day or 2 ago the stool is totally normal color, non oily, flushes easily and isnt sticky, but dry and hard. My diet hasn't really changed at all. I haven't increased fiber. I am terrified about the few floating or slow sinking stool. I'm controlled by this. Please help me? Should I see my doctor over this???
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stool anxiety won't leave me. It's ruining my life.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »
Lindsay honey you have to get treatment for your anxiety.  What's happening to you now is so common...you eliminated one fear but instead of resolving your anxiety, the evil beast has moved on to something else and will continue your life until you control it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »
S**t happens. BM's are highly variable by a number of things. I'd say what's really going on here is hyper-awareness of normal occurrences with BM's that you perceive as abnormal.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 10:46:43 PM »
Totally normal. You probably never noticed it but I'm sure this has happened to you before (it happens to me all the time). A lot of things can cause it but gas pockets trapped in your stool is most likely the cause. This is really not something to worry about, so set your mind at ease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 01:55:54 AM »
Literally had floating poo today and yesterday. I am fine as far as my bowels are concerned. This is anxiety. There's no reason to fear floating s**t. None. At all. Truthfully, most of the time I don't even notice the consistency, colour, buoyancy, whatever, of my s**t. BM anxiety's never been my thing and as an objective third party: you're overreacting. I've bled when I s**t too. Never cared since I always have. My body isn't the most efficient at breaking down food into a size easily passed. You are okay. See a therapist, please. 
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:31:30 AM »
Trapped air, fat or fiber.  Nothing worrisome.  I have literally seen it ALL in the toilet bowl - bowel issues run in my family like crazy and I got 'em all - but none of it meant anything sinister.  Therapy might be something to look into at this point so you can move past this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ktm250racer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 04:24:16 AM »
Hey. What everyone has said is correct. I have floating stools everyonce in a while. No concern
Bookmark and Share

Offline Emulate

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 11:31:59 AM »
As someone who had stool issues running my health anxiety and life for a couple weeks, eventually leading to a needless abdominal ultrasound, I definitely feel you on this. In fact, just the past couple of days, I've had mucus issues with mine and that's got those same wheels starting to turn again. However, what's important to remember is that bodies are weird and anxiety only messes with them more. Stress screws with the stomach a ton, and that means it screws with the bowels. It's the classic health anxiety loop where a person notices a symptom, which leads to stress/anxiety, which leads to more symptoms, and it's endless.

As for this particular concern, my stool floats all the time. It's probably because of all the fat in my godawful fastfood-based diet of the past five years that I'm only now trying to fix. It's honestly really nothing to worry about. You're gonna be fine. What's important now is to try to stop focusing on it. Eventually I learned to just stop looking in the toilet for more than half a second because I knew no matter what it looked like, I'd spot something "weird" to worry about. The sooner you cut anxiety's cord, you can start healing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
Just flush!

If you inspect every stool you're just going to go crazy.
I have IBS so my stool is different almost every time I go, I look at it and then I flush, I don't inspect the nitty gritty of it.

If you're going to call your Dr about Pancreatic C - make sure this is the first time you're bringing it up. If you have brought this to your dr's attention before - bringing it up again will only cause additional stress you don't need.

Why not just be honest with your Dr? Tell her yours fears and (as long as she is ok with it) have her run tests for what you're most concerned with. If you're insurance is affordable, why not have the tests done - ONCE - and let that be it? Maybe it'll help peace of mind?

I agree with seeing a Psychiatrist though to help with the obsessiveness
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ktm250racer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 12:25:19 AM »
Yes. As someone mentioned, just flush. But it's so hard to do. I have been checking my stools every single time for the last 2 years
Bookmark and Share

Tags: