Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: aftershocks of a severe panic attack  (Read 160 times)

Offline firewife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
aftershocks of a severe panic attack
« on: May 31, 2014, 03:14:01 PM »
I was recently sick and in my bed for 2 weeks. Then came my favorite lady aunt flow. I had a severe panic attack that lasted all night. I refused to take xanax cause I wanted to beat it on my own. The next day I was still jittery and decided to take a xanax and that calmed me down. But for the next 5 days I'm still feeling what I call "on the verge" anxiety. I've been taking .25 up to .5 mg of xanax for the past 5 days. Does anyone else ever feel like it takes forever to get back to normal after a severe panic attack? I seem to be feeling a little better every day, but it's taking so long that I feel like it's nevergoing to get better. I had went months without any anxiety at all and then poof it's back. My husband swears I do this once a year and then I'll be fine for a long time and back to normal again. I know in my heart I'll get better soon but there is always that little thought in the back of my head that I won't.  I have talked to a few others and they all said that for the past 3 weeks their axiety levels have been on high, and all these people live in different parts of the country so I know it's not just me. Has anyone else's anxiety been on high recently for no reason?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: aftershocks of a severe panic attack
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »
Not recently, but I've felt the way you do many times. Its irritating. I wish I knew what caused it to happen, but I guess the randomness of it is part of why its so bad in the first place. But at least we can take comfort in the knoweldge that we already know its going to be temporary.

As for the other part, the number of people you spoke to is too small to be accurate statistically. Never the less, the weather has been fairly odd the past few weeks, and weather changes can cause anxiety and panic in sensitive people.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »
Depending on the severity of the attack it does take me days to come down ... and the smallest thing can bring some of the panic back. In those moments I find that taking Xanax or Klonopin on a regular schedule for a week can usually kick the panic feeling.

Other times I can have a wicked attack and be fine the next day.

It's weird how panic works.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
I have low lying panic all the time, so be grateful you have an attack and it leavs you after a matter of days.  Takae the xanax.  That's what it's there for and it breaks the cycle of fear.

Good luck to you!

Julie
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:44:26 AM »
I guess I just feel guilty taking a xanax to help. I know they help, but I am weird. I want to be able to fix myself. And, if I take a xanax in my mind I feel like I've failed myself.  I guess that's just part of the control factor of axiety and panic. Plus I have a 5 year old and I feel like I would be a bad mom for taking a xanax and being around him.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: