Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified of Retinal Detachment  (Read 120 times)

Offline Lpeek

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Terrified of Retinal Detachment
« on: May 31, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been here!

Right now I'm terrified I've got a retinal detachment. I know what I have aren't the symptoms but I'm still worried. It started on Thursday, I got a bizarre 'light' in my right eye. The only thing I can relate it to is when you see a camera flash or another bright object and get an after-image for a few seconds. Although mine has been there for 2 days now. It's not flashing or flickering, so it's not a ocular migraine, and I can't see anything anywhere describing what it is. Not even the dreaded google.

I have an eye exam on Monday, but what's making me worse is the fact that I contacted the specsavers "ask an optician" thing online and said about having an appointment Monday. He said, any bright light in an eye is cause for concern and try to be seen sooner. He then added "or you could always go to A&E".

That last bit is what I'm struggling with. Surely he wouldn't have said it if it's not something bad? Although the way he said "you could always go", doesn't seem to put any urgency on it.

I've tried every optician in town and theyre all fully booked, so it's either wait until Monday or go to a&e. I think if I go to a&e for an eye exam I'd be laughed out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Terrified of Retinal Detachment
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
I once had multiple flashes of light and the opthamologist could find
nothing wrong.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: