Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared about cold getting worse-green mold  (Read 95 times)

Offline Upanova01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared about cold getting worse-green mold
« on: May 31, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to the site.

I've always seemed to have HA since a young age, but now it's become debilitating. I'm currently down with a cold that is very bad and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm very scared of being sick! Like terrified.

Last week I was cleaning my kitchen and I picked up a moldy lemon, it dropped to the floor and let out a cloud of green mold spores that I think I breathed in. Then about 20 minutes later I started having a bad runny nose.  I didn't think anything of it, just allergies. But when I woke up the next morning I had a terrible sore throat and cold symptoms.

Now I scared of the green mold that I must have breathed in. It says on Google that you can get a horrible, life-threating fungal disease from it!!!! I dion't know what to do. My cold hasent' gotten much better. I was in bed for 3 days with a low grade fever of 99-100. That did lift after 2 days and then I was able to get out of bed. But I was coughing up very light colored phelem in the mornings. My phlem tasted terrbile! Very very bad. So now I'm afraid of the mold spores growing into me!!! I still have sore lymph nodes and I'm very thirsty all the time.

I'm also weak and I feel like I have a fever even though I've not had one for a while. I'm in and out of bed just feeling horrible. My anxiety is through the roof! I can't seem to stop it. My husband hates me to run to the ER. I just need to know if I'm gonna die or not from the green mold spores. I don't want to get a fungal disease. I dont even know how they diagnose something like that or not.

Please help!!! I need answers. I'm so scared!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Upanova01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared about cold getting worse-green mold
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »
Anyone? I am going to Urgent Care today.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Upanova01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
Hello, I need some answers. Has anyone else had this fear?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
You are not dying...worst case scenario is that you have a mild allergy to the mold.  Mold does not grow in healthy people, so as long as your immune system is not compromised then you have nothing to worry about.  Get lots of rest, stay hydrated, and you will be fine in a few days.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: