Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of going blind by mental images  (Read 178 times)

Offline overthinker93

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of going blind by mental images
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »
Hey all so i have been an anxious guy my whole life i have bad ocd for images and words lately i have been obsessing over going blind i think if i picture someone welding or like the welding going into my eye ill go blind just putting these scary images in my head help me someone i cant eat cant do anything i want so scared
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of going blind by mental images
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline gaucho16

• gaucho
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:43:13 AM »
I sympathize with you and getting thoughts like that out of your head is really hard. Maybe you can wear glasses or sunglasses whenever you are outside to reduce your fear and protect your eyes from any stray objects. Also, it is extremely unlikely that you would get anything in your eye while just walking around. Unless you are in a construction site which you can completely avoid. Whenever something you don't like pops in your head try and think of something positive or that makes you laugh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline overthinker93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »
Yeah gaucho it's more I imagine the image in my mind of like me staring at someone weld I make it so realistic and I think if I think of this image will I go blind and I delibratly think of it to scare myself , any chance it can blind me ?
Bookmark and Share