Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This is bad....  (Read 364 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
This is bad....
« on: May 31, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
About 2 months ago i was terrified i was Sociopath or Psycopath.. But i ended up beliving i was not.. untill today.....

Im diagnosed with ADHD (Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder) and then i read this...

"Conduct disorder (CD) is a psychological disorder diagnosed in childhood or adolescence that presents itself through a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate norms are violated. These behaviors are often referred to as "antisocial behaviors." It is often seen as the precursor to antisocial personality disorder, which is not diagnosed until the individual is 18 years old." " IT IS OFTEN SEEN AS THE PRECURSOR TO ANTIOSOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER"  ANITSOCIAL (OR DISSOCIAL) PERSONALITY DISORDER BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH "Both have also stated that their diagnoses have been referred to, or include what is referred to, as psychopathy or sociopathy," ..... Now is there a difference between "Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder" & Just "Conduct Disorder" If there aint much a different exept "Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder" Is ADHD aswell that means im Sociopath/Psychopath... What i was terrified i was 2 months ago.... And my world just crashed..............................
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is bad....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:42:27 AM »
True, this is not good and surely something to attend to. You don't want to hurt others, you don't want to hurt yourself.

Tough for us to sort out but surely not tough for a therapist. You want to try and see a doctor to help you gain insight, maybe some meds, maybe CBT and its components to help you feel better about yourself. Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 08:47:54 AM »
This really sucks..
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Hope that is not the impression I gave you. My suggestion is to seek professional help so you can experience good feelings about yourself and others.

Your life, like anyone's, is one of learning, experiencing, thinking, feeling, growing. Sometimes we need others to help us and this can bring good results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
Yea but reading about Sociopaths and Psychopats theres no hope for me lol.. apparently i dont even care if i am or not.. so questioning myself weather or not this post is a lie aswel........
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 09:43:02 AM »
You do care and we care. You are young and questioning everything. I did that too when I was young but I was more suicidal.

You want to get in touch with a doctor, someone who will listen to you, try and understand you, talk to you. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »
I suppose im not a full blown psychopath since ive felt guilt and what not.. I was diagnosed with Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder at age 18 so i guess if it was ASPD i wouldve been diagnosed with that since i was 18....
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
You have a conscience and maybe compassion, two key factors to keep you this side of the divide. You've also had medical attention to be diagnosed as you have been. And what has been the treatment?

Do you have a relationship with your father? Just asking, you need not answer, of course.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
The treatment have been none so far.. got a meeting with pdoc in 12 days where i have a jounal of thoughts and feelings of whats been going on the last few months. I hope from there i can get some answers cause the idea that maybe im sociopath or something really is just...

Hmm i dont really have a relationship with my father at age 14 or so my parents divorced and i lived with my dad for two years, he was never home at night and at day i wasnt and when we was both home id sit in my room playing computer lol.. I live around 3 hours from him now and we talk Rarely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »
Good for the forthcoming meeting and your journals. Excellent. You might want to read up on CBT which recommends the TEA format (Thought, Error, Analysis). You may find relevant books in your library.

The problem with divorce and absent fathers, makes me crazy. The selfish, irresponsible adults. You are no sociopath. You just need the care and love and attention that every one of us needs. Maybe others will join in if I rant about divorce. Regardless, you are on your way to lift your spirits. Maybe go for a walk, or is it night where you are?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 11:38:44 AM »
I think ill wait to look for any threatments untill i actually know whats going on. This could also just be another Health Anxiety Problem that has returned since i have been through almost every physical and mental disease you could imagin, you can take a look at a few post that i have made : (http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,88878.msg496070.html#msg496070) (http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,88925.msg496303.html#msg496303)

I wouldn really say my father is selfish, since the reason i would be home nearly every night was cause he worked night shift, we did have fun and have good days aswell but certenly also been fighting alot :)

Good to be told it doesnt sound like being sociopathic but the thought that there still could be some ASPD still bugs me, although ive read that if i was sociopath or milder form of ASPD i wouldn really question it nor be worried about it but here i am :) I do get alot of care, love and attention from one whos been through this with me for nearly 7 months and maybe i just find the symptoms fitting since Anxiety/OCD and possible Depression does have ALOT of symptoms involved, even though looking back at my past i have 9/10 criteria for ASPD...

I could go for a walk but the fear of raising my pulse to high is still there and im pretty sure none of whos home would wanne go haha, also i have lost intrest and almost all motivation to do anything at all really. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Checked out your posts. What is going on is probably a little bit of everything and the best person to help is really you yourself. Father is hard working and the two of you want to get along. You do have someone by your side, lucky you. It is not hard to have ASPD if we expect anything from others. We can't control them, but can control ourselves.

We have ourself, we have our mind, our interests and activities, school, work, hobbies. Technology is too much with us and that is why a simple walk (or any exercise) can do us good. We reconnect with ourself, with nature, revive our spirit. Walking never hurts anything. That is where, in fact, I am off to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 12:22:41 PM »
Thanks for your replys Tinam, and i hope its all better soon.

Enjoy your walk :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
I'm glad you and tinam have been able to have good dialogue about this. I'd just like to reiterate that if you truly WERE a psychopath or sociopath, you WOULD NOT be concerned about being so. I used to be in a relationship with a sociopath, and trust me, it never occurred to him that anything about his behavior was out of the ordinary.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
Well, the reason i belived i was this time was that "Conduct Disorder" Often is just a precurser to ASPD And since i got My diagnose With conduct disorder i was worried. But after thinking a bit, I wouldn worry if i was or not, i wouldn feel love for my girfriend, i wouldn feel guilt or anything like that. I had a nice talk to my mother aswell and The Conduct Disorder Part in my adhd might come from the actually ADHD. Just as a serve case of ADHD :)) But thanks for all the replies and may all have a great day :)

And im happy that you got out of that relationship vardnas, im sure you wont fall for that again! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: