Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Advice/Kind words?  (Read 96 times)

Offline quinnyhendrix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Advice/Kind words?
« on: May 31, 2014, 06:36:05 AM »
Hey everyone,

It's 6AM and I am on edge.   I keep thinking I'm losing my mind.   I'm not dealing with the anxiety as much as the obsessive thoughts.   

I feel trapped in my head.  Afraid I will become schizophrenic.

Dealt with some derealization/depersonalization a couple months ago (Getting better but still feeling disconnected)

I swear I'm hearing voices but I know that isn't possible. I know it's just my imagination or me just so focused on the idea of hearing voices that I'm
mistaking regular sounds for whispers Or my overly stressed brain playing tricks on me.  Hearing my own voice in my head when thinking. (sometimes having slight confusion on whether thats what I'm thinking or If I was speaking)

I'm just worried that I'll lose touch with reality. 

Haven't been sleeping all that great in the past 2 months 5-6 hours at most.

Starting to become easily agitated/angry,  Low mood,  and some cognitive problems(phone rings on TV thought it was my phone. lol)

Having trouble remembering details/ lapse in memory.

I'm just terrified that I'm going insane. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline gtripoli

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Advice/Kind words?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »
I'm just terrified that I'm going insane.

First of all, you are not alone! All your symptoms sounds pretty typical to me.

I am sure you would want nothing more than for someone to tell you that you are not going insane. Or, you want definitive proof one way or the other. Believe me, I have been there.

The reality is that definitive proof is simply not possible. And the only way you will break out of the vicious cycle that is OCD is to allow yourself to be uncertain. Instead of trying to counteract the thoughts of impending insanity, a healthier response would be to think 'maybe you will go insane, maybe you won't'. This will obviously cause anxiety. Letting the anxiety that comes with this uncertainty to just sit there, without you trying to solve it is the only path to relief. Eventually, and it does take a while, you will be able to tolerate more and more until uncertainty doesn't bother you nearly as much as it does now. Anxiety isn't fun, and what I am suggesting is easier said than done. The reality is that anxiety can't really do anything to hurt you.

Stop chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The perfect answer doesn't exist.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: