Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cancer fear for husband...need calmed down  (Read 166 times)

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cancer fear for husband...need calmed down
« on: May 30, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »
I can't take this anxiety anymore with worrying about the health of my family. DH told me that apparently he was woken up this morning with a stabbing, shooting pain in his back. It was way worse when he arched. As the morning progressed at work he ended up not feeling well at all (he's never sick) and ended at ER thinking it was a possible heart attack. Tests came back fine for that and he came home. He feels better but his back pain is still there. About a month ago he was having shoulder pain that still comes and goes.

I am terrified he's got some kind of bone cancer or a form of cancer. I know of 2 people with multiple myeloma right now, plus I'm 4 weeks away from having twins. All I can think about is losing my husband and raising 3 children alone. Please help me calm down!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cancer fear for husband...need calmed down
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »
All you said is that the ER sent him home; what did they say they thought it was?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »
They didn't really say what they thought, just that it wasn't a heart attack. They gave him a nitro to see if that would help his back. It didn't which means it's a different kind of problem other than heart. Since nothing showed up in bloodwork or EKG they are speculating the other symptoms he had of not feeling well were anxiety/panic related (which he's never had before).
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 03:50:34 AM »
Perhaps a followup with his regular doctor is in order.  Since it got worse when he arched his back I wonder if it could've been a muscle spasm - those can be HORRIBLY painful.  I've gotten some in my neck that have left me completely incapable of moving, literally.  I'd be stuck lying in one place for hours until it subsided enough for me to be able to shift my head even slightly to stand or sit up. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:26:36 AM »
I don't think he's being completely truthful about how much it hurts in order to not worry me. When I ask how he feels he says he's good yet I catch him tilting his neck to the side, rubbing his shoulder, or turning his back certain ways. He says it feels muscular. Today he's going to a chiro. I'm hoping it's nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: