Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatic Cancer... for the past 2/3 years?  (Read 363 times)

Offline Melbu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pancreatic Cancer... for the past 2/3 years?
« on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
Hi guys, I joined these forums back in 2012. I was terribly concerned about back pain, loss of appetite, stomach problems etc..

I'm noticing a pattern, every time spring time roles around (April,May,June) I get symptoms.. usually ranging in the ones I've stated above.

Currently, I have on and off back pain, Stomach "ickness" if you will, an appetite that's not my "normal".

I still eat roughly about 3 to 4 times a day because I know I should eat, so when I do start eating, I have no problems finishing my plate.
However, I know that if I waited to eat until my body actually told me to, I might eat once or maybe only twice.

I checked my history on here, I noticed a pattern that I tend to have these problems in spring.   It's sort of odd, I mean I could guess it may be related to allergy's "even though my respiratory system is fine" it's strange to see this.

Pancreatic Cancer stinks, it has vague symptoms such as these - I've convinced myself before that I had it when I didn't. I've been doing pretty well on trying to keep my head in the right spot when this happens, but I must admit I get the fear flare up when I look at the clock and notice I didnt eat in 4 to 5 hours and not really hungry.. I start letting my mind wonder to the WORST case scenario.

Stool colors have been the norm "for me" and once in a while a bout of loose diarrhea (not watery) can occur. Increase flatulence (Gas) but not severe, probably due to lack of eating as much.

Over all, if I follow my pattern from since 2012, this will pass and I'll be fine.  But what if this is different?.. what if I'm wrong?..

I dont have family with cancer and yet thats always my first worry. I need my logic to rule me out of this. Anyone have thoughts on this?.. The yearly "spring" loss of appetite and back ache is just odd to me. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreatic Cancer... for the past 2/3 years?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »
Sounds more like seasonal allergies which would explain why it happens in the spring.  When my allergies kick in it's like I have the flu - fever, headache, bad body aches, etc.

Also, you have not been living with untreated pancreatic cancer for 2 to 3 years.  If you had it you'd most likely be dead by now or at least so disabled by it that you would have sought medical advice and it would have been found.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Eric68

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
This sounds like exactly what I'm having right now.  Did you ever get a medical evaluation for this?  In the past few weeks I have had an upper endoscopy where they found mild gastritis and today I had a biliary function scan, which I don't know the results of.  My doctor checked my lipase level as a marker of pancreatic health as well as my liver enzymes and for H. pylori and all tests were normal.  But this no appetite, gurgly stomach and transient left under the ribs/flank/back pain have me worried.  I also get it on the right but not to the same degree.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »
I haven't went to the doctors yet, if I end up doing that I sort of feel defeated. I use to want to go to the doctor pretty much on most occasions with anything "unusual" but I ride the storm and find out I didn't have to go.

Once I start eating, I have no problem with completing a meal. It's the initial urge to eat that I lack.  After 4 to 5 hours I'll feel a slight urge to eat but I certainly eat more than what I felt I could. lol

The back pain I'm assuming has no correlation with the stomach issue I'm having ( My anxiety tells me otherwise) the pain can be flank pain, right or left, sometimes bottom middle or sometimes upper. Pain scale from 1 to 10 can be anywhere from 1 to 3/4. The pain is has not been remotely severe yet, just annoying and it comes and goes. Yesterday I hardly felt anything back related, but I woke up to back irritation and have had it off and on for short periods of 4 hours now. Pain scale would be at best 1 to 2 out of 10.

I wonder if allergy's can affect the G.I system like this.. Only thing I get excess of during these times is phlegm build up.. no sneezing or watery eyes.

NO Weakness
NO Itching
NO Fatigue
NO Jaundice
NO Nausea (just icky stomach)
NO Vomiting

Diarrhea twice since last week, not watery, just loose.
Flatulence (gas) to a relatively minor degree but I certainly tell its more than the norm.
Belching generally goes in hand with that but I noticed I'm not belching as much anymore.
Back pain "scale of 1-3 out of 10"

Lastly "Loss of Appetite".. but I'm not adverse to food, nor do I feel sick from eating anything - after eating I feel quite fine."

If I still feel like this in mid-June though, I may have to go find out - I've been doing so well with this problem, but I don't want to fall apart on this. Trying to keep my perspective realistic and positive :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eric68

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »
Yeah, I can eat as much as I want.  I just don't have the urge to eat.  No nausea to speak of.  Like you, my anxiety tells me the back pain is related, but it may very well not be.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyDachshundLady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »
You don't have PC, there's no way you would live having it for 2-3 years. Being as it only comes back around a certain time of the year I would say it's probably allergy related.
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
Hi, I do think it could be allergy related....I read somewhere that with the increased post nasal drip/mucus into the stomach caused by allergies there can be loss of appetite, queasiness/nausea and issues like that.

I have experienced it all before; take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 02:52:51 PM »
You don't have PC, there's no way you would live having it for 2-3 years. Being as it only comes back around a certain time of the year I would say it's probably allergy related.

Agreed 100%. PC would never go away. It would stay and hurt non stop until you ultimately die from it.
Also, 2-3 years is a LONGGG time in PC world. You would be so ill by now that you would not be able to eat let alone function normally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 03:34:57 PM »
What stinks most about appetite decline or loss of appetite is it's association with EVERY OTHER CANCER in the book. Pancreatic, Stomach, Colon, Bladder, Kidney and Lung cancer all get the loss of appetite symptom, thus people like us "especially me" starts to let that fester and begin to worry far more than I should about something.

I'm not entirely sure how common random arbitrary moments people have a loss of appetite for a long period of time, but it's exhausting when I go through this. This wasn't tied to any emotional trauma or anything, life has been pretty good. "Other than the obvious"
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »
You wouldn't be alive now if you had PC.

Period.
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »
Okay, I notice a lot of people are catching "the past 2/3 years?" to be extremely literal. That's my fault - I should have written that in a more obvious facetious manner.

I don't believe anyone with one of the most aggressive cancers known to us could live possibly even a year after diagnoses. I was stating this because even though it is impossible really to live that long with even other lesser aggressive cancers (let along PC) that my anxiteys and worries MAKE me think I have it, even though logically I likely do not.

Sorry for the misleading subject text for everyone who's pointed that out, that's my fault.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 06:35:02 PM »
PC for 2-3 years and it hasn't bebe bad enough for you to get serious medical attention? GET REAL. My great aunt had PC. It killed her in four months. This isn't like other forms of cancer. Your 'symptoms' if you will, are vague and boring. Please do us all a favor and enjoy your life! Wasting 2-3 years on a form of cancer isn't good for your health and your well being.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 06:56:16 PM »
lol Okay, evidently people didn't read the following comments of what I ment by "2/3 years".. again, thats my fault for not expressing this further.

Its Sarcasm, its being Facetious.. I didn't literally MEAN that I had the cancer that long.

What I do mean is, every spring I get symptoms that can RELATE to that cancer, and ANXIETY tends to make me BELIEVE I have PC.

I admit I shouldn't have put (2/3 years) if I knew this would occur. But please read the other posts following the initial statement - everything people are now saying is in relation to having a most DEADLY form of cancer for 2/3 years.. which is absurd. lol

I'm trying to figure out why I have this yearly occurrence, irrationality makes me think (its definitely cancer this time) and logic makes me think it's something more benign..   
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
You seem to be missing the key points which are (1) pancreatic cancer doesn't come  and (2) if you had pancreatic cancer last spring, you wouldn't be wondering if you still had it this spring.

Whatever you are experiencing, it isn't pancreatic cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melbu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
I can't wait to receive a response from someone who read all the follow up post, at that point perhaps someone could relate a little more to the real topic. I appreciate nonetheless people explaining to me something that honestly I mentioned I already know, but again, I digress.

Thank you Eric68, you understood my points, and thanks to everyone else of course who tried. :)

Bookmark and Share

Tags: