Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why The Dizziness  (Read 582 times)

Online ECee

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Hello :)
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why The Dizziness
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 01:22:04 AM »
To add to this since it's related I've discovered something kind of alarming. Although I feel fine and I'll be sitting reading or watching TV and when I'd get up I'd feel an overwhelming lightheadedness and dizziness out of the blue. It's been happening frequently these past two weeks and I'd almost nearly fainted twice when there'd be no one in my house to help me. I'm getting worried and I'm wondering if it's related to the causes that have been said on this thread. It's alarming to me because lately they've been out of the blue rather than me already feeling sick.
Bookmark and Share
"I can unscrew the stars..."

Offline richdelb

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
I've been suffering a relapse of this lately.  I had been doing much better from a combo of my Doctor's assurances regarding my good health (all physical symptoms being anxiety driven) and some help with depression with meds.  My doctor said that these "symptoms" (dizziness, headaches, numbness in mouth and face, numbness / buzzing in fingers, general tiredness etc) WOULD tend to come and go, but since they have turned back on the last few days it's horribly miserable.  I went from feeling really well for a few hours yesterday to feeling TERRIBLE, then back to feeling well for a short time, and then back to terrible.  It was a FANTASTICALLY beautiful day where I live, and I literally had nothing special that I had to do.  (work around the house be dammed for a day, right?)  Sat out on my deck soaking up the sunshine, watching the birds at my feeders... Normally a fantastic way to relax, and I am sitting there overwhelmed with anxiety and physical symptoms.

This totally sucks.  I WAS feeling better and thought I was "turning the corner" to recovery and then it's all back.  It's a battle.  It's a TOUGH battle we go through.  (and I feel that nobody in my life really understands the struggles at all)

Bookmark and Share

Offline afj0823

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »
well i went to the ENT, they did said i have labyrinthitis,due to me getting very sick prior.But i was also under such anxiety from it all and other things happening in my life (grad school) that it made it worse and made me hypersensitive.
They had me do physical therapy and she had me do head exercises, where i basically made myself dizzy, and then try to stare at anything that was still and tell myself that it was still and i make sure i hold on to something so i know my body is still to reinforce it.

And if i feel dizzy, i stop whatever i am doing, and of course hold on to anything to make sure i am still and continue staring till everything has stopped moving, and then i reenact what i felt, so if i felt myself swaying side to side, then i exaggerate by swaying myself side to side and then stop and make sure i look at something till it is still and i would do that twice.

I felt this was the most effective thing i done. I am trying to do this again, bc i got lazy and have added exercises from the anxiety and help work book. I think the self confidence section is the best.

I also went to doctor to have my Thyroid levels re-valuated b/c im currently taking meds, but feel i may be more hyperthyroid now, instead of hypothyroid.I keep posted
Bookmark and Share

Tags: