Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Floating stool TMI  (Read 286 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Floating stool TMI
« on: May 30, 2014, 07:28:04 AM »
I have been having a few pieces of stool that float. This isn't with every movement but maybe 1-3 a week. This has been happening maybe 10 days. What's weird is the large stool I pass sinks but there are maybe 1-3 pebble type stool separate from the large stool that will float. The stool is normal to dark brown, well formed, and none smelly. I'm so terrified that the few small floating pebble pieces could be a symptom something is wrong with my pancreas has I have a HUGE fear if PC. The stool doesn't  appear to be oily at all. To be its normal. I also have one BM per day and it's always bulky which I know can google defines "large stools" as a possible pancreas issue too. I'm terrified and my poop is controlling me again. 
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Floating stool TMI
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 08:57:10 AM »
Hey Lindsay I think your fine a well formed bowel movement everyday is normal and the little pebble pieces shouldn't be worried about either. Floating stool I believe means that your getting enough fiber in your diet which is a good thing. Your body is digesting food well and is disposaing the waste properly. Don't worry you are fine. Please do not google pancreatic cancer there is so much confusing information on the web. If your stool was black tarry oily looking then I'd call a dr. But you didn't describe that so I say your fine. God bless, roman.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Floating stool TMI
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 09:01:33 AM »
Floaters just mean that the stool is comprised of material which is buoyant in water.  This can be certain types of fiber or fats.

Nothing to worry about!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: