Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about tanning, help?  (Read 98 times)

Offline Shayden

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about tanning, help?
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:24:10 PM »
So I'm very pale and hard to tan (kinda) so I want to use baby oil for the first time out in the sun.
(I have not been going to tanning beds, this is my first time laying out in the sun for the first time in a year and a half)
I DO NOT plan on staying out long.

But I'm very worried I might get a severe skin problem or cancer.. I'm only 15.

Any ideas, I really want to be tan /:
(I've already tried multipule self tanners and going to get spray tans and they all SUCKED)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about tanning, help?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:27:36 AM »
Hey, I'm Irish and we hardly see the sun. We are milk bottle white.  :laugh3: Just be careful what you put on your body and face. I have heard of people putting all sorts on their faces just to get a tan. Some went badly wrong. As some products cook a little bit faster than others. If it was me, I would have a word with my local chemist and ask them what is safe to use. They are there to talk to and help. Play it safe.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Beth0810

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about tanning, help?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »
OH MY GOSH, I hope you didn't go out in the sun with only baby oil on. 

That said, here is what you have to do.  Get some tanning lotion spf 15 or higher.  I had 15 on yesterday and got PLENTY of color.  Take your TIME getting color- every burn you get before the age of 18 increases your chances of skin cancer.  It's the burns before 20 that cause the problems later in life.  RE APPLY the 15 sunscreen every hour and a half.   Go out in the sun for and hour or two a day and you WILL have a tan in a few weeks. 

Please please don't try to do it all at once.  My son is WHITE- porcelain white.  I put 30 on him all summer and by the end of summer, he is BROWN and his hair is white. 

If you want to be tan NOW, go to a self tanning place.  Do NOT burn your skin, which is exactly what baby oil will do. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: