Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Under the eye twitching?  (Read 245 times)

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Under the eye twitching?
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:06:10 PM »
Under my eye right beneath my bottom eye lid it is twitching. Not all the time mostly random but it's been happening a lot lately. Is it serious? I heard it was.  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Under the eye twitching?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:00:09 PM »
Its Normal. Everyone gets that sometimes. If your entire face starts to lose control then you have tardive dyskinesia, which i had as a side effect of a medication once. But yeah, perfectly normal mate, some do it more than others. Involuntary Nerve Refex
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline adriannep

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
Anxiety, too much caffeine, not enough sleep, eye strain. Take your pick.. I get this all the time and it's 100% harmless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:20:40 AM »
Who told you it was serious? My eye twitches quite a bit sometimes, never had any problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lance1984

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 01:53:08 AM »
I had this problem in my full state of anxiety , anxiety levels have lowered over the months and so has the eye twitching.. so def anxiety symptom
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaula

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • It's a new day.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 02:11:16 AM »
Funny you posted this, I noticed a slight twitch under my left eye earlier today and noticed it again tonight. It's a very slighty twitch, I can't even feel it, really, but I see it in a mirror. It looks almost like a vein pulsing. I know I have been in the midst of some hideous panic attacks these past few days (and also not sleeping well!), so I ghink that might be causing mine. Hope that helps. :)
Bookmark and Share
Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Hold on if you feel like letting go.

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »
My friend told it if that happens you should go see a doctor. Which at first I knew it was irrational and a silly thing that he said but it got into my mind and bothered me A LOT. I have a problem believing what's right or wrong anymore when it comes to this topic.  I've had so many worries and questions about my eyes the past couple of months and it's hard for me not to sound like an obsessive freak  when asking questions about this kid of stuff.  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaula

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • It's a new day.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »
My friend told it if that happens you should go see a doctor. Which at first I knew it was irrational and a silly thing that he said but it got into my mind and bothered me A LOT. I have a problem believing what's right or wrong anymore when it comes to this topic.  I've had so many worries and questions about my eyes the past couple of months and it's hard for me not to sound like an obsessive freak  when asking questions about this kid of stuff.  :dazed:

I think rather than go to the doctor, you may want to make little changes to your lifestyle and see if they improve your twitch. I know that mine is still there, but I also know that I haven't been sleeping well (I have been staying up late and losing out anywhere from one to three hours a night these past few days), and I also know that I have been worried about other things -- not just health anxiety, but work, and family, and etc. I feel like I can't relax, that I am very wound up. That says to me that I need to take time and stop worrying our letting me get frustrated by things. The problem with anxiety is that it's hard to let this stuff go.
Bookmark and Share
Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Hold on if you feel like letting go.

Offline Worry2Much

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
My right eye has been doing this for almost a month now. I have chalked it up to stress, needing more sleep and my horrible computer screen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KevinMcGovern

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:56:52 PM »
I'm constantly worried about things. Whether it'd be school, work, family or anything. I'm always on the computer whenever I'm not doing anything important because it keeps me from thinking about my health. I probably get about 6 hours of sleep a night. It's a hard life style but I can deal with it in order to keep things in my life from spiraling out of control.  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 11:24:30 PM »
Yep, stress can certainly cause this, as can eyestrain. If you spend a lot of time at the computer, you might try to give your eyes a break every hour or so by focusing on something far away for a few minutes. Also, make sure you are getting enough vitamins. Certain deficiencies can cause muscle twitches. I sometimes get an uncontrollable  twitch under my left eye that is very pronounced, but that is just a remnant of a condition I had years ago and it will probably always be with me (and that's definitely not what you have here).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Eye twitching