Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Horrible Abdominal Pain?  (Read 147 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Horrible Abdominal Pain?
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
Hello friends! Earlier tonight after I took a mile walk I came home, sat down, and then like 5 minutes later started having terrible  abdominal pain. It hurt soooo bad! I ran up to the bathroom because I thought I was going to have a bm. I had a small one but the pain was still there. It started in the middle then moved to the right then the left and then all over the place. I thought maybe it was menstrual cramps but I don't start for another week and I almost never get cramps!

I laid in a hot bath for a few minutes but that didn't help either. I noticed the pain was worse when I breathed deeply and when I touched the area with a push. I ended up finding a comfortable position laying on my stomach. I did that for about 30 minutes and then I got up and the sharp pain was gone. However, now my abdomen feels almost full but more like there's just pressure. Not painful but a tad bit uncomfortable. All this happened in the span of an hour. I was freaking out earlier because the pain was so bad but now that the pain is gone I'm just confused! Help please!

It might help to say I am obese and I worked out the past three days and I am very sore. Also, I had a lot of cheese yesterday and refried beans today at dinner. Who knows of any of that has any reflection on all this.
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Horrible Abdominal Pain?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »
Any ideas? Honestly, I'm worried about ovarian cancer. I have not yet had a pap smear and I am 21 years old. I know I should go get one but I'm waiting until I am sexually active, which my doctor thinks is a good idea. Any ideas on what the pain is????
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »
Eat something yummy and substancial like a meal to calm your stomach. As long as you're not puking or pooping blood (both of which i've done), you're just having a cramped muscle. However if it persists for like 5 to 10 hours and its unbearable then yeah think about getting it checked out perhaps in that case.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:47:21 AM »
Could be gas or constipation.  Ovarian cancer at your age is very unlikely.
Bookmark and Share

Online doug65

• Rec's: 1
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »
I'm casting my vote for gas.  Possibly caused by hyperventilating which we can do unbeknownstingly  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: