Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New Anxiety about my Baby  (Read 128 times)

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Anxiety about my Baby
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:06:20 PM »
I have a 5 month old who is breastfeeding and is not gaining enough weight  :traurig001: I have two older children whom I breastfed successfully, they have gained consistently and have always had a steady growth curve. My baby was 25th %ile at birth, went to 80th, but then fell to 25th at 4 months and 10th now!!! I want to die!! The doctor says the decline from the 25th to 10th is not off statistically, meaning that drop is small enough to be in the range of normal variation. The doctor said to try to get more food in her and see what happens; she gained a little more than half a pound this month, when the normal minimum is 1 full pound.

I feel horrible enough, but just now the thought of Turner Syndrome popped into my head. And, of course, slow weight gain/ growth is a sign of this. Unfortunately, the doc did not measure head circumference or length (she looks much longer to me this month, just looking). I really wish I had pushed for this at the doctor's today. Why do they do such half-assed jobs so often????

Anyway, I don't know how I'm going to get through this. All I want to do is sit and google and go get her karotyped!! She has no other signs of turners, no doctor mentioned it, why is my mind there????? CRAP. My husband gets annoyed by my HA so I have to try and keep it all inside, I just want my baby to be healthy and growing on track. She's so great otherwise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rachael t

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Anxiety about my Baby
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:04:58 PM »
Hi have you tried expressing your milk and feed via the bottle so you know exacltly how much milk baby is taking
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Anxiety about my Baby
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:27:27 AM »
I don't know much about babies' development, but I know older kids can lose a TON of weight in a hurry when they hit a growth spurt.  Can that happen with infants as well?  Seconding the bottle idea so you can keep track of how much she's eating.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: