Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about the reality?  (Read 128 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about the reality?
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
Anybody else have the problem that well we think we have this terrible disease but we're almost too afraid to stop thinking you have it because then it might actually happen?

For instance, a couple weeks ago I struggled with the fear of a brain tumor. My symptoms included having a localized headache that felt like a ball in my upper right side forehead, my eye w as experiencing a lot of cloudy vision, and my back hurt really bad (almost to the point of going to the chiropractor).

I finally told myself I had to stop worrying so I busied myself with other things, especially surrounding myself with encouraging people and also trying to exercise. It worked. I beat the fear and the headaches went away and I only experienced cloudy vision at night or when I wore makeup.

However, I woke up this morni g with the same localized headache AND cloudy Vision AND neck pain. I'm scared that I actually have a tumor now! It's like the saying 'it'll happen when you least suggest it'. Anybody else had close to the same experience?
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline Squirrels

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about the reality?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
Yes, I've thought symptoms had disappeared, and then they return just when I'm feeling calmer. Its happening at the moment, actually, too. Then on the odd occasion I forget or distract myself with what's happening, I suddenly get some symptom or another thought about it, and then I feel stupid for forgetting about it. And then the worrying starts afresh.

The trouble with most physical symptoms is that they can be attributed to hundreds of different ailments. This can mean that you're forever thinking you have a particular disease, but it could also help with dispelling those fears. I try to tell myself that any aches and pains could be over 100 diseases, and therefore I can't be expected to worry and can't physically be able test myself for each one, so ultimately I try and force myself to worry that I have a multitude of diseases at the same time. This somehow seems to overwhelm my worry, giving too much to think about, therefore I can't focus on any one fear. Its a bit like setting off a fireball to extinguish a fire. It doesn't always work, but often it helps.

:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about the reality?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »
this just happened to me. i finally got busy and felt better but then i ran out of things to do so i went back into routine. then two days ago i woke up really dizzy after not having any uncomfortable symptoms for almost a week and now im back to square one with the anxiety. hope this calms you a bit.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: