Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Those with children - how did you get through your pregnancy(s)?  (Read 106 times)

Offline kmm110

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am 20 weeks pregnant and so grateful I have made it this far with no complications. The first trimester I was constantly worrying about spotting but now that I am further along, I am starting to become obsessed with fetal movements. I have read about kick counts and how some people have gone to the hospital after not feeling movement as much, only to find out that something happened to the baby. I am actually too early to do kick counts but I am already constantly paying so much attention to what I feel and starting to drive myself crazy. I am afraid the upcoming weeks will get worse. 

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you deal with it? Did you find yourself worrying more about your baby than your own health? I have about 20 more weeks to go!
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Those with children - how did you get through your pregnancy(s)?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
I totally understand what you're saying - I was the exact same way!! So much that my husband took the "What to expect when you're expecting" book away from me! It seemed like it was FULL of all the bad things that could possibly happen and I was a mess. I had spotting with both of my pregnancies early on so I was constantly checking the TP when I would go to the bathroom. Fetal movements, yup, with you there too. I had a fetal monitor so I could hear the baby's heartbeat. Something that my husband would always say when I would work myself up about something is, "it's out of your hands". Everything turned out just fine and I have 2 healthy kids. Just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Those with children - how did you get through your pregnancy(s)?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
I was up and down with worry during my last pregnancy. I got every test imaginable except amnio, all good news, but they found an echo on my baby's heart. A more detailed u/s showed the first sonographer was mistaken but the seed of doubt was placed and I REALLY worried about down syndrome for about 2 months. And the first thing I asked the ped who came to check her out was does she have DS????????? (She does not). Toward the end, I began to worry about stillbirth (have a good friend who lost her baby at 38 weeks). The fear was somewhat allayed because I got weekly NSTs from 32 weeks on simply because i'm as old as the hills! I never did kick counts because I really don't think they tell you much. It's a false sense of security imo and also makes you obsessive. I found that, wheneverI felt worried, I could sit quietly for 10 or 15 minutes and I would always feel something!! But remember, there are days when the baby goes quieter than usual, and that can be normal. The chances are so great that your baby will be just fine. Stillbirth is rare. Congrats!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: