Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Im worried im going insane? Searching help :(  (Read 450 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Im worried im going insane? Searching help :(
« on: May 29, 2014, 09:58:15 AM »
Hello,im reposting this cause i think this is a better place.
I warn you that its long.

Im a 19 year old male diagnosed with ADHD (Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder) and my life is bad lately..

Basicly for 6months straight i have been dealing with what i belive is Anxiety/OCD/Depression.
It started with a panic attack while i was high where i felt i couldn breath and i was getting choked by something i drank ALOT of water but it kept coming back. Since that day i was scared everyday for about 3 months about illness such as (Cancer, Blood Cloths, Tumors) and the list goes on. I would read something on the internet about my symptoms and expect the worse, even if it says it could be a headache i belived it was a brain tumor. This went on for 3months and i completely isolated myself, stopped eating and going outside, I developed fear of busses and supermarkeds (since i would get Dizzy, felt i couldn swallow, and felt i couldn breath) I spend all my time in my room, laying down, and playing on my computer. I would also if i was reading about a disease i would "copy" and "feel" the symptoms that i didn even have in the first place, lets say i was googling my headache, it said it could be brain tumor, i read the symptoms and another symptom was something like "left arm would get paralyzed" Then i would start feeling weird in my left arm, almost unable to move it. This wasnt a problem untill 3 months ago.. where it all began to get SERIOUS. I started to Self-Diagnose Mentall Illness/Disorders. I would read about an disoder, look the symptoms and if one or more symptoms fits me i would instantly think i had that disorder, and think i had ALL the other symptoms aswell, let me give examble. The first Mental disorder i diagnosed myself with was being a Sociopath. My girlfriend said it was like i was playing with her feelings  i then googled why i would do that and i came upon Sociopaths... Then i was scared i had that cause a few of the symptoms clearly fitted me. Then i read another symptom of being a Sociopath and that was "Sociopaths Do NOT care about other people, they do NOT have feelings, they do NOT feel guilt." Thats when it got ###$ up. I belived i didn, i belived i had no feelings/Emotions towards anything, i belived i didn care about others and i belived i felt no guilt cause i didn.. i didn after i read it.. i belive it so much i actuallly "copy" all the symptoms and think i truly does not feel emotions cause i dont feel them now. So lets say i could be caring, and i had feelings, after i read that sociopaths dont really have that i started to belive i didn either. and now im just empty inside.. My girlfriend broke up twice and i havnt really felt any joy or sadness either of the times and i still really dont.. im scared i lost my feelings for her and im scared that im just using her... Then i did some more research and came upon "Nacisistic personality disorder" and i belived i had that, evne when i didn have some of Symptoms that was basicly needed to get the diagnose but because i had a few of them i would think i had or will get the disorder.. After a few days/week(s) of that i came across Borderline/Bi-polar and so on, i quickly forgot those even when some of the symptoms fit but now im at "schizophrenia" and that gets me thinking if i might develop that...

I have completly Isolated myself.
My vision seems blurry and my eyesight starting to get bad in general
I barely drink or eat
I dont have paranoia or delusions But i can question myself like "Is this real?" and quickly move on again
I have ALOT of eye floaters
Everytime i hear a noise i quickly search for what ever couldve made the noise
I sleep around 5-9 hours but are always tired
I have always felt people was watching me when i was walking down the city, i do not however think they can read my mind but i DO wonder what they i thinking about me, ALOT.
About 2 years ago i was always home alone at night and would always be playing on my ps3, and i would ALWAYS Freestyle out loud or "pretend" i was doing a commentary to the game (maybe cause i watched alot of game commentarys cause i found them entertaining?) But anyways.. i would sit there and talk english to my self pretending i was doing a commentary.
When i lived with my dad about 2 years ago i felt as there was something in his room, i never knew what it was but i felt as if there was someone, i always closed the door and if it was open i would feel like someone was in there, (maybe because it was dark and i never used it myself, it was his bedroom, and this was about 2 years ago aswell)
When walking up stairs at night i always been afraid of something grabbing my legs and pull me down and i felt like someone was behind me, only at night tho when everyone else was sleeping.
When im on the toilet and i gotte pee i always look behind me, into the mirror? i dont know why but i do. As if something is there when im not looking?
Sometimes when i sit down its like i get suddenly lightheaded, and "butterflies" in whole my body the same time, and it feels as if im getting pulled up, it only last a few seconds tho.
Sometimes i dont think at all like.. i can look at an object but my mind isnt thinking about it at all. either its thinking about something else or not thinking at all.
I do not see stuff that is not there exept sometimes i can feel like there is a little shadow in the very corner of my eye but when i look it is gone.
I did however but only a very few times maybe once or twice hear noises/voices right before i fell asleep and i would be worried but eventurlly asleep soon after.
I dont eat as much as i would use to do, i lost 20-25kg going from 115kg to 86kg in the first 3 months where i was conserned about my physical health.
These are the symptoms that i can remember at the moment while writing this but im sure there is a few more? maybe. I have been Diagnosed with ADHD (Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder) but nothing else. I belive i suffer from GAD, OCD and Depression however i still belive i suffer from these mental disorders. Im scared i have schizophrenia and that i will start seing stuff and hearing stuff that is not there, and im scared im gonne lose complete grip of reality and live in my own univers.I worry about these things.. But i dont feel the fear anymore? after i started with schizophrenia i just dont feel the fear anymore? i think about whats wrong with me 24/7 and i cant think about anything or anyone else than whats wrong with me but i dont feel the fear anymore? i also stopped having panic attacks about a month or two ago, but im worried that im not worried/feel the fear? i dont get adrenelin rush when looking at a new diagnose but i do feel like im going insane! i dont wanne start seing stuff/hearing stuff thats not really there
i dont wanne go insane. Ive been told both by my Doctor and PDoc That i do not have schizophrenia but im worried that im developping it and its just "to early" for them to see
 i have no motivation at all for anything, and i fail to attend my meetings with my doctor.

This is just.. half the stuff.. i also suffer from DP/DR but aint that normal with anxiety..
So... the big question.. Am i going insane? Do i suffer from some mentall illness other than my adhd?.. Could all this be Anxiety/OCD and some depression on top of that? I have no clue.. But as said MANY times in the post..Im worried there is something really wrong :(..

PS :). I do not mean anything bad to people who suffer from illness, respect to you guys, aslong with those, to anyone feeling bad like me, worse or not doesnt matter, stay strong :)

Sorry if its all messed up and hard to read.. and if anything is said twice well... My mind is nooooon stop thinking about these stuff and i got this weird feeling of cotton in my head almost like im dement and my brain can stop working anytime :c Thanks for reading <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Im worried im going insane? Searching help :(
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:24 PM »
Bump. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline saffron

• Dare to be different
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
I am so, so sorry for what you're going through right now, and I'm really surprised that no one has responded to this. You need to take a deep breath and breathe. I'm here for you.

I can relate to your ADHD, but that doesn't seem to be affecting you right now. I haven't had much experience with Anxiety or mental disorders, but from what I can tell, you need to stop researching diseases and mental disorders. They're only going to make your situation worse. Just judging by that, it seems like you may have developed Hypochodria, or Health Anxiety. If you haven't looked at that forum on here, you really should. In case you haven't seen the given definition on this forum, Hypochondria is the "belief that real or imagined physical symptoms are signs of a serious illness, despite medical reassurance and other evidence to the contrary. Such a person may repeatedly look up symptoms on the internet and become convinced that they have at least some (or all) of them ("Cyberchondria")".

Also, from what I can tell, you definitely don't have schizophrenia. My uncle had schizophrenia, and his symptoms were different. You really shouldn't worry about the symptoms that you listed. Many of them are completely normal, at least for me. I can relate to a lot of them, and I'm positive that I don't have schizophrenia. I talk to myself when I'm home alone sometimes too. I'm part of a fanfiction community that does podcasts, and sometimes I imagine that I'm a guest on there. Early in the morning one time, I thought that I heard a bunch of voices. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but they stopped as soon as I closed my window. When I'm out walking, sometimes I get self-conscious about what people are thinking about me too. I'm really paranoid at night, especially in the dark, even though I'm pretty much an adult.

You're also definitely not a sociopath. The fact that you're scared of using your girlfriend shows that you care for her feelings, and the fact that you're scared of having the disorder in general just shows that you don't have it. What you said in your P.S. leads me to believe that you're not a sociopath either.

What I'm going to say next is going to sound really, really hard, but you need to reach out to someone. You need to get help; it's impossible to get through this by yourself. Talk to your parents, talk to your girlfriend if she's still willing to listen to you. Talk to a therapist; just getting everything out in the open to a professional who knows how to help you and what your going through can make all the difference. If you're scared of leaving your house, there's also hotlines you can call. Calling one of them and just talking to that other person can be a good first step.

To answer your big question, I think it's definitely possible that you have some form of anxiety and possibly some depression, but please do not take my word for it. You need to see a professional. All I can say with absolute certainty is that you definitely do not have schizophrenia, and you're definitely not a sociopath.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply! Im sorry it took along time without teply but i first saw it today. My mind have been ANYWHERE!

Although im way past beliving i am schizo or socippath your answer gave me some hope cause the thing that bothers me now is Being narcissitic. But you said and i copy 'The fact that you're scared of using your girlfriend shows that you care for her feelings' Just helped me :) I have made a huge long post about this and now see that which means i cant be full blown narci haha :) Thanks for your reply!!! :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline saffron

• Dare to be different
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply! Im sorry it took along time without teply but i first saw it today. My mind have been ANYWHERE!

Although im way past beliving i am schizo or socippath your answer gave me some hope cause the thing that bothers me now is Being narcissitic. But you said and i copy 'The fact that you're scared of using your girlfriend shows that you care for her feelings' Just helped me :) I have made a huge long post about this and now see that which means i cant be full blown narci haha :) Thanks for your reply!!! :D

No problem :) I'm really glad that I could help in some way. I do know how you feel, with your mind being all over the place. Because of my recent panic attacks, I worry about going crazy or something being wrong with my body more often than I'd care to admit. It seems like every day I'm worried about something different... >.<
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
I do too worry about something different all the time! If i get reasurence for a short moment that i dont have NPD i think i have throat cancer and stop worring about that and the other way around! :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: