Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New/Insomnia  (Read 57 times)

Offline Alegna

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New/Insomnia
« on: May 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »
Hi All

I am a married mother of two teens. Have had anxiety for the past 7 years, in various degrees. Currently going thru a hard time due to an impending major move.  Right now my anxiety is focused on health, my health and the health of my children.
What is really crippling right now, is not being able to sleep. I go to sleep fine, I'm tired...but a couple of hours later I wake up, adrenaline rushing and all the worry thoughts come crashing in.  Anyone have any methods for getting a better night sleep?
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New/Insomnia
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 09:02:52 AM »
Hi Alegna,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Alegna, I also have sleep issues.  Like you, I go to sleep, but can't seem to stay asleep.  I've tried counting sheep, counting backwards.   But, I have found one thing that seems to help.  It sounds kinda crazy, but I read about it someplace, and it's something about the different parts of the brain used for this.  Try naming something in alpha order......for example.....fruit.....apple, banana, cantaloupe, etc.  You can pick anything....but try to think of one for each letter of the alphabet.  Hope this makes sense.  Give it a try, and let me know if it works for you.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alegna

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New/Insomnia
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
Thank you so much for the hello and the sleep suggestion! I am going to try it tonight :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: