Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: same as most scared its pancreatic cancer  (Read 188 times)

Offline zombieBrock

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
same as most scared its pancreatic cancer
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
new here /my story thus far

ima 34y/o male ive been having oily stools for a year,weight loss of almost 20 lbs total despite having a healthy appetite,mild but constant middle upper left/side Back pain,with mild but not constant Left epigastric pain ,Constant burping/Reflux and bloated(pretty sure Its Ascties ,since i look pregnant(has been going on since November of 2013, also after getting around of food poisoning & almost got so dehydrated i thought i was going to pass out, the next day i awoke with pain in both my legs, my right hurts off & on but my left has never stopped & does hurt in the calf so ,im thinking this is a Blood Clot & that REALLY screams PC,though i have read that malabsorbtion can cause clot disorders ,i have had 2 abdominal CT scans one without contrast and one with oral and IV contrast Both Came back clean( a year ago this coming july ,no sign of Cancer or cancer spread as i am truly convinced i have Pancreatic cancer ,  had a CA-19-9 and a CBC done last October came back good , i keep hoping that its just something i can live with like Pancreatitis .....? and Not cancer , any suggestions? or similar stories that ended with not dieng a horrible young death?, i mean all of the articals u read about PC says its usually silent until the cancer has spread,well i was having Floating Oily BM's when i had my 1st CT scan , ive had 3 docs basically tell me im crazy for thinking this when all Test last year( i havnt been to see a doctor since late october of last year because i gave up on trying to get an answer other than IBS , i dont have a gallbladder ,its been gone for over 5 years , im just SUPER SCARED  that the old CT scans missed everything , & this past year is leading to my young death,i mean i just dont see how i could be out living people without treatment if this was because of pancreatic cancer , i mean my stomach has been weird since November of last year & in PC Ascties is usually the last thing that happens ,i mean ive read were some people had it for as much as 8 months before death,but they were also going threw treatment ,im at 8 months this June without treatment m i keep holding onto the Fact i have a good appetite ,no jaundice since this all started , no Diabetes , i check it every few weeks oh and the pain in my back doesn't go away if i bend over , i still feel it everytime , But i cant let go of the fact that i have been having an oil slick in my BM's for a solid year,Gerd, & a protruded stomach & it not be from missed Pancreatic cancer  & my young wife & 2 & 4 y/o kids are going to be the ones to suffer because of it , can anyone give me a glimmer of hope that this is maybe undiagnosed CP or maybe celiac ????
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: same as most scared its pancreatic cancer
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:01:47 PM »
Hi,

When you said your calf hurt, it gave me red flags to ask if you've had your vitamin/mineral levels checked. Many vitamin deficiencies can cause horrible symptoms. When I'm low on potassium, my calves hurt like I used the muscles a lot and in the wrong position, they tighten and it becomes hard to walk.

I would look into food intolerances as well. Have them test for celiac and lactose. I have gluten and dairy intolerance, and the stomach pain and weird BMs were pretty normal for me until I changed my diet. If you can't go get the tests done, try eating gluten free and/or dairy free for a week and see how you feel. Also. eat more fiber and stay away from alcohol, caffeine, and deep fried food for a while to see how you feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline zombieBrock

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: same as most scared its pancreatic cancer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:27 PM »
thanx for the reply , id like to think it was something like Celiac , but i hurt exactly were my pancreas's is ,24/7 thats only been going on for about two weeks, forever & a day it was only my back , & im always just leaving an oil streak allover the toilet with every BM , the thing that makes me mad was when i 1st started noticing this , i told every doctor i saw i was scared it was pancreatic cancer & even the doctor in the ER that did the 2nd CT scan talked to me like i was out of my damn mind & that 1st CT & i quote"just had to had missed something" but he went ahead & did the scan & told me that there was nothing wrong with my pancreas at all & they even looked to see if their was sign's of metesis in my other organ's & their wasnt , but i was still already having oily BM;s That floated, So their had to had been something either inside my Pancreatic Duct, IE a stone , or something Blocking it , a Tumor , i mean if it was so small that a Duel contrasted CT didnt pick it up ,but did find my fatty liver twice , i just dont get it , im tired of feeling like crap, i dont have a lack of appetite,even after this year & it has been a litteral YEAR since this all started & since november that i got the pregnant look, which would be from end stage PC but thats been 8 months & im still alive with no treatment , so *****! i just dont know, i gave up trying to get help from doctors because it was your crazy/IBS .........i mean i know no one on a forum can diagnose me ,but i was just hoping someone out their was like yeah i did the same thing & it was this, that isnt a death sentence
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Pancreatic