Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: same as most scared its pancreatic cancer  (Read 489 times)

Offline zombieBrock

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
same as most scared its pancreatic cancer
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
new here /my story thus far

ima 34y/o male ive been having oily stools for a year,weight loss of almost 20 lbs total despite having a healthy appetite,mild but constant middle upper left/side Back pain,with mild but not constant Left epigastric pain ,Constant burping/Reflux and bloated(pretty sure Its Ascties ,since i look pregnant(has been going on since November of 2013, also after getting around of food poisoning & almost got so dehydrated i thought i was going to pass out, the next day i awoke with pain in both my legs, my right hurts off & on but my left has never stopped & does hurt in the calf so ,im thinking this is a Blood Clot & that REALLY screams PC,though i have read that malabsorbtion can cause clot disorders ,i have had 2 abdominal CT scans one without contrast and one with oral and IV contrast Both Came back clean( a year ago this coming july ,no sign of Cancer or cancer spread as i am truly convinced i have Pancreatic cancer ,  had a CA-19-9 and a CBC done last October came back good , i keep hoping that its just something i can live with like Pancreatitis .....? and Not cancer , any suggestions? or similar stories that ended with not dieng a horrible young death?, i mean all of the articals u read about PC says its usually silent until the cancer has spread,well i was having Floating Oily BM's when i had my 1st CT scan , ive had 3 docs basically tell me im crazy for thinking this when all Test last year( i havnt been to see a doctor since late october of last year because i gave up on trying to get an answer other than IBS , i dont have a gallbladder ,its been gone for over 5 years , im just SUPER SCARED  that the old CT scans missed everything , & this past year is leading to my young death,i mean i just dont see how i could be out living people without treatment if this was because of pancreatic cancer , i mean my stomach has been weird since November of last year & in PC Ascties is usually the last thing that happens ,i mean ive read were some people had it for as much as 8 months before death,but they were also going threw treatment ,im at 8 months this June without treatment m i keep holding onto the Fact i have a good appetite ,no jaundice since this all started , no Diabetes , i check it every few weeks oh and the pain in my back doesn't go away if i bend over , i still feel it everytime , But i cant let go of the fact that i have been having an oil slick in my BM's for a solid year,Gerd, & a protruded stomach & it not be from missed Pancreatic cancer  & my young wife & 2 & 4 y/o kids are going to be the ones to suffer because of it , can anyone give me a glimmer of hope that this is maybe undiagnosed CP or maybe celiac ????
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: same as most scared its pancreatic cancer
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:01:47 PM »
Hi,

When you said your calf hurt, it gave me red flags to ask if you've had your vitamin/mineral levels checked. Many vitamin deficiencies can cause horrible symptoms. When I'm low on potassium, my calves hurt like I used the muscles a lot and in the wrong position, they tighten and it becomes hard to walk.

I would look into food intolerances as well. Have them test for celiac and lactose. I have gluten and dairy intolerance, and the stomach pain and weird BMs were pretty normal for me until I changed my diet. If you can't go get the tests done, try eating gluten free and/or dairy free for a week and see how you feel. Also. eat more fiber and stay away from alcohol, caffeine, and deep fried food for a while to see how you feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline zombieBrock

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:27 PM »
thanx for the reply , id like to think it was something like Celiac , but i hurt exactly were my pancreas's is ,24/7 thats only been going on for about two weeks, forever & a day it was only my back , & im always just leaving an oil streak allover the toilet with every BM , the thing that makes me mad was when i 1st started noticing this , i told every doctor i saw i was scared it was pancreatic cancer & even the doctor in the ER that did the 2nd CT scan talked to me like i was out of my damn mind & that 1st CT & i quote"just had to had missed something" but he went ahead & did the scan & told me that there was nothing wrong with my pancreas at all & they even looked to see if their was sign's of metesis in my other organ's & their wasnt , but i was still already having oily BM;s That floated, So their had to had been something either inside my Pancreatic Duct, IE a stone , or something Blocking it , a Tumor , i mean if it was so small that a Duel contrasted CT didnt pick it up ,but did find my fatty liver twice , i just dont get it , im tired of feeling like crap, i dont have a lack of appetite,even after this year & it has been a litteral YEAR since this all started & since november that i got the pregnant look, which would be from end stage PC but thats been 8 months & im still alive with no treatment , so *****! i just dont know, i gave up trying to get help from doctors because it was your crazy/IBS .........i mean i know no one on a forum can diagnose me ,but i was just hoping someone out their was like yeah i did the same thing & it was this, that isnt a death sentence
Bookmark and Share

Offline doombrain

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
Hello... I am dealing with my own fishing expedition with my doctors trying to figure out what is going on with my digestive system. My big fear is pancreatic cancer because it is terrifying. My mother died of it this year, and from your description I think you should consider that it is *extremely* fast acting. She was diagnosed in the beginning of January and died in the middle of May. If you have not seen a dramatic change for the worse over the course of the year, you should try (and I say this as someone who is near convinced as well that I am dying) to consider this factor as a mark in your favor.

I know it's hard... I am a father to two young kids and my days are clouded by the possibility that I may not be around in a year and I think of all the things that they'll have to deal with if I die... that alone is enough to drive my anxiety through the roof. I have had a colonoscopy, ultrasound, CT, all unremarkable. Doctor wants to write it up to "injury to abdominal wall" which I would love to accept, but it does seem to have some digestive component. I've been all over the internet looking for information, and this particular symptom set is very common in the people who frequent message boards looking for answers, I can only assume that most of them do not have cancer.

In your case with the oily stools, there are a ton of other non-lethal digestive issues that can cause that. Still, I think you are right to keep seeking answers from your doctors, and if they won't communicate well, then find some new ones. You should maybe consider a colonoscopy to determine if you have Crohn's, do labs for Amylase and Lipase. As a last resort if you are unable to accept what the doctors say, look into EUS (endoscopic ultrasound for detailed images of biliary systems), and Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP). These would probably end up being very expensive and have the evil risk of actually causing pancreatitis, but discussing them with your doctor and listening to their explanations of why such tests may not be pertinent to your situation might be helpful.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Pancreatic