Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please allow me to introduce myself. Chronic dizziness/off-balance  (Read 221 times)

Offline Cain1980

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm new to the forum.  Anyone suffering from long-term vestibular disorders/chronic subjective dizziness? My symptoms began 2.5 years ago. I've had innumerable testing done, all the tests were negative . The doctors think I have chronic subjective dizziness, but even they are uncertain of a diagnosis. Looking to meet and speak with some people that have gone through and can relate to my issues. My already existing anxiety has become greatly exacerbated by my dizziness disorder.

I began taking St Johns Wort 5 weeks ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alegna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please allow me to introduce myself. Chronic dizziness/off-balance
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:49:20 AM »
Hi
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with that disorder, but I do have dizziness alot during the day and I think that is a common anxiety symptom.  Yours must be much more severe and I am sorry for that, it must be very difficult. Does anything you do or take help your symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 04:51:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Cain1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 12:27:02 AM »
Hi
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with that disorder, but I do have dizziness alot during the day and I think that is a common anxiety symptom.  Yours must be much more severe and I am sorry for that, it must be very difficult. Does anything you do or take help your symptoms?

Meclizine and benzodiazepines help. My dizziness is exacerbated by complex visual environments.

What does your dizziness feel like? Do you experience off-balance sensations, feeling like the floor is moving beneath your feet, visual vertigo?

I'm doing some research to find out if anxiety can cause long-term daily dizziness/vertigo symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »
I have frequent dizziness, lightheaded ness, and off balance feelings. I had many tests ran, and the conclusion was that I have vestibular migraines (essentially a migraine where the primary ailment isn't pain, but dizziness). The dr said the MRI scans indicated I've had them my whole life, and why they chose to flare up now is anyone's guess. Just for FYI... Vestibular migraines are so common in us that many doctors don't consider them a medical condition, rather a deviation of the human form. Kinda like how some people have better eye sight than others.

With that, the dr put me on topomax at first, which didn't help and made me very irritable. He then switched me to pamelor, which has seemed to help a good bit. I've started having headaches with the anxiety, so he later added depakote to the mix.

Talk to a neurologist and be sure to mention you take the St. John's wort, as studies have shown that it does mess with the serotonin levels in your blood.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cain1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:27 AM »
I have frequent dizziness, lightheaded ness, and off balance feelings. I had many tests ran, and the conclusion was that I have vestibular migraines (essentially a migraine where the primary ailment isn't pain, but dizziness). The dr said the MRI scans indicated I've had them my whole life, and why they chose to flare up now is anyone's guess. Just for FYI... Vestibular migraines are so common in us that many doctors don't consider them a medical condition, rather a deviation of the human form. Kinda like how some people have better eye sight than others.

With that, the dr put me on topomax at first, which didn't help and made me very irritable. He then switched me to pamelor, which has seemed to help a good bit. I've started having headaches with the anxiety, so he later added depakote to the mix.

Talk to a neurologist and be sure to mention you take the St. John's wort, as studies have shown that it does mess with the serotonin levels in your blood.

So, do you have headaches or aura with your migraines, or just dizziness and off-balance sensations? Are your symptoms exacerbated by complex visual environments, like grocery stores? What are your main triggers? Are your symptoms episodic or constant? Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:35 AM »

So, do you have headaches or aura with your migraines, or just dizziness and off-balance sensations? Are your symptoms exacerbated by complex visual environments, like grocery stores? What are your main triggers? Are your symptoms episodic or constant? Thanks.

Occasionally, I do have headaches with the migraines. Keep in mind, when I say migraines, I'm referring to the vestibular migraines that do not often associate with pain. When I have pain, I often do gave auras (consistent with vestibular migraines). My symptoms do flare up in retail environments... Especially during busy hours. The triggers vary. I've had tough situations with lots of stress, with very little issue. I've also had days where I didn't do anything, just spent the day lounging with no worry, and had symptoms. The symptoms are largely episodic, however there are some minor ones that are constant. I.e..... Tingling in my scalp, vertigo.
Bookmark and Share

Offline envirogirl

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 11:44:21 PM »

Occasionally, I do have headaches with the migraines. Keep in mind, when I say migraines, I'm referring to the vestibular migraines that do not often associate with pain. When I have pain, I often do gave auras (consistent with vestibular migraines). My symptoms do flare up in retail environments... Especially during busy hours. The triggers vary. I've had tough situations with lots of stress, with very little issue. I've also had days where I didn't do anything, just spent the day lounging with no worry, and had symptoms. The symptoms are largely episodic, however there are some minor ones that are constant. I.e..... Tingling in my scalp, vertigo.
[/quote]

I did some reading on the vestibular migraines after reading this.., Im going to have to ask someone about this. It sounds like it could be a possibility to what I experienced a few years ago and what I currently experienced 4 years later (a few weeks ago)
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCtitan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
I to have been experiencing dizziness/lightheadedness since the beginning of this month that has not gone away. It also has been accompanied by nausea on and off. I'm really stressed out about it and now have fallen back in to a deep depression. Here I am fearing the worst smh. Anyway, wish you the best on your journey to seek answers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dan_au

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:01 AM »
Hi there,

I have unconfirmed BPPV and vestibular migraines with dizziness that appears out of nowhere. I have mostly experienced it in the mornings but have recently had short episodes during the day. In Australia I have used a machine called an OMNIAX which has settled my symptoms for the past 18 months. I do not experience pain with the dizziness yet a lot of nausea and inability to focus. I don't have a solution if this is similar but wanted to let you know hopefully it will become manageable and eventually just stop. Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: