Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New member, desperate for relief  (Read 115 times)

Offline Ellie3344

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New member, desperate for relief
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »
Hello everyone! I've been battling GAD for years. I'm really struggling the past few weeks. I hurt my shoulder at work, and I've been not working for 2 months. Now the doctors are discussing surgery.

Lately I've been an anxious wreck over everything. My psychiatrist recommended bumping my buspar dose from 5mg 3x daily to 10mg 3x daily. In addition to my 20mg daily lexapro. I am TERRIFIED of getting serotonin syndrome.

I need help, advice, & support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Whisper181

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New member, desperate for relief
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »
Wow, you have a lot on your plate.  Have you tried meditation and relaxation methods to help calm yourself?  Being that you have been out of work for such a long stretch without working, I am wondering if your eating habits have changed?  Have you noticed that you are eating more sugars and white, processed carbs?  Those can have the effect of increasing the feelings of anxiety and irritation.  At times making is difficult with even the most routine situations.  Unless you have any specific allergies, have you tried a high protein, veggie fruit + right fat diet? Essentially cutting out the sugar and processed foods.  Try focusing on eating foods that are most close to their natural state as opposed to processed or man made.  Give it a try and let us know if it helps. It won't completely erase GAD, but it can help reduce any "false" anxiety mood that may be present.
Bookmark and Share
Imagine being able to overcome depression, anxiety, irritability, stress, over sensitivity, emotional eating.... naturally with clinically proven alternatives.  PM me with questions.

Online BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »
Ellie,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Ellie, your psychiatrist wouldn't give you anything that would cause serotonin syndrome.  In fact, I don't think buspar is an SSRI.  As long as you follow your doc's advice on dosage, you'll be ok.  I have never heard of anyone getting SS unless they were abusing their meds, or given an overdose by accident.  If you still have concerns, you might ask your pharmacist about the combo.

Good luck, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ellie3344

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
Thank you both so much for your responses. I suppose I have been eating poorly and I know my sleep cycle has changed. I just started seeing a new therapist yesterday and we discussed breathing exercises. It's hard for me to concentrate on them because my chest muscles tense up and I feel like my breath catches in my throat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: